Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Mercury Models 1965-73

69 Firewall sealer

<< < (2/2)

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 67gta289 on April 16, 2017, 07:55:25 PM ---I thought that the Torino Montego Cyclone assembly as at Lorain OH

--- End quote ---

I've got to ask since I have 68 Cyclones with an H for the assembly plant 68 & 69 Torino's with a K or a A

1969 Cale II:
I am just asking for what has been found and how people are finishing their cars. Very generally speaking. Cyclones were built at Loraine Ohio only. Torinos were built at Loraine, Atlanta and I think Kansas. If I knew there was that much difference in how this was done I would not have brought it up, sorry.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 1969 Cale II on April 16, 2017, 10:51:12 PM ---I am just asking for what has been found and how people are finishing their cars. Very generally speaking. Cyclones were built at Loraine Ohio only. Torinos were built at Loraine, Atlanta and I think Kansas. If I knew there was that much difference in how this was done I would not have brought it up, sorry.

--- End quote ---

The challenge and we want to provide the best answers possible, is that looking at Torinos and comparing those to Mustangs the sealant is very very different in application.  Only have one set of poor pictures for a Cyclone. 69 Dearborn Mustang would often have thick heavy caked on sealer covering 75-80% of the visible surfaces on the passenger side and about 50% on the drivers while the Torinos I have appear to be much more like the application found on 65-67 San Jose with a more exact applications at only the pass through and attachment points.

Armond:
I have owned a lot of these cars over the years.  I have a 69 Cyclone 4 speed with air cond, never restored and it has no sealer/undercoating shot on the firewall.  I have a 69 Cobra and no sealer/undercoating.  I have one parts car and it has no sealer. etc.  I don't recall much about the other cars. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version