3rd Generation 1979 - 1993 > 1979 - 1993

Received my Original Ford Invoice (AKA Eminger) for my 1 owner 84

<< < (2/2)

hopeto:
BTW, the Sales Manager of Town East Ford at the time, Wayne Blunt, is a high school friend of mine that I'm still in touch with. He is at Lewis Ford in Arkansas now. I sent him the picture of the invoice and his comment was "First thing I noticed was National Bank of Commerce. Do they still exist? That was our old flooring company huge Bank downtown we all had stock in."
He remembers the car well because after the first one I ordered came in damaged in transit he ordered me a second one.

nham3407:

--- Quote from: hopeto on June 28, 2017, 04:07:47 PM ---67gta289 's answer is correct. Car's and Concepts was responsible for turning these into convertibles. Here's a link to a Car and Driver article from back in the day that somewhat explains.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/1983-ford-mustang-convertible-review

--- End quote ---

Very interesting article. Thank you for adding it to this thread.

FoxChassis:
C&C did not remove the metal roof.  That was already done at DAP.  DAP shipped the incomplete cars to C&C with a fiberglass-type 'cap' in place of the metal roof and back glass.   The caps were collected at C&C and shipped back to DAP.

C&C handled convertible roof installation for DAP Mustangs through the 1993 model year.  DAP did it themselves starting with the 1994 model year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version