Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Drivetrain

390 Engine/trans Dating

<< < (3/3)

carguytroy:
Not that I am going to use it but the guy wants 150.00 for it. Says it’s been magnafluxed and it’s all good. Is it worth that to save it in case someone else needs it?

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: carguytroy on December 09, 2017, 05:09:20 PM ---Not that I am going to use it but the guy wants 150.00 for it. Says it’s been magnafluxed and it’s all good. Is it worth that to save it in case someone else needs it?

--- End quote ---

Buying it in hopes you will find a home for it?  Noble cause but these are heavy, prone to rusting, hard to store parts - take up some room.  Then you'll be looking for someone looking for that exact time and year period like you. If you already had it I think my choice would be different than if I were considering putting the money in something I don't need or can use unless you want to use it in your car.

Just my look at the situation - others will likely choose differently

drock:
I recently did what you are talking about. I was able to find a 390 block and intake on local craigslist, locate a set of heads by Search Tempest (national Craigslist), and a want ad on FE forum got me the rest of the engine parts. All within 2 months of my build date.

carguytroy:

--- Quote from: drock on December 11, 2017, 01:08:53 AM ---I recently did what you are talking about. I was able to find a 390 block and intake on local craigslist, locate a set of heads by Search Tempest (national Craigslist), and a want ad on FE forum got me the rest of the engine parts. All within 2 months of my build date.

--- End quote ---

Cool. That helps. I’ll check out Search Tempest and keep sniffing around on the local classifieds. There’s a few things I see on eBay that look interesting too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version