Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Drivetrain

390 Engine/trans Dating

<< < (2/3) > >>

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: carguytroy on December 07, 2017, 11:30:41 AM ---Which I would definitely disclose that. I am in the car business and fully understand original vs non original, titling issues etc. But for the purpose of getting the car as close as possible to what it was originally is this the correct course to take?
--- End quote ---

Yes it is your best IMHO and only choice at this point in restoring a car as close as possible in this given situation

Allot of searching and luck. A friend just recently was looking for a couple of dated engines. Ford a guy pretty close to him that said he had a couple of particular difficult to find engines and he would check their dates.

Called back in a week or so - and he informed my friend that he had checked his engines and to his surprised that he had two blocks with the two dates (within days) of what he was looking for. When the friend as how long it took him to go through all his engines to find these two? The guy reported - not long, I only had two blocks.

Now that's not going to happen like that everyday

Always rather be lucky    :)

carguytroy:
Will this work for me? Looks to be a casting number of C7ME? I don't know how the date codes work yet but heres a pic of the dating number and the date code

J_Speegle:
Think you need to adjust the resolution and size of your linked pictures so that we can see them.  I use 6 1/2" x 6" at 123 dpi for a really big picture on my 26" monitor display

carguytroy:
Lets Try that instead Sorry they were so big

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: carguytroy on December 09, 2017, 12:06:07 AM ---Will this work for me? Looks to be a casting number of C7ME? I don't know how the date codes work yet but heres a pic of the dating number and the date code

--- End quote ---

Much much better

There is a large article in the sites Library that covers allot of the dating info that you might want to find and read or at least be aware of it for when the time arises

7L10 =  Year-Month-Day of Month

So it looks like it was likely a block used in a Ford product in maybe Dec 67 - Jan 68 or so

Might want to check for the car's VIN stamped into the block.  Though depending on car assembly plant it sometimes ended up elsewhere  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version