Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Processes, Products & Techniques

where can I get the cloth material that cover the wiring in a Mustang

<< < (2/2)

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Bossman963 on November 07, 2017, 11:07:34 AM ---Thanks Jeff & Bob for info as it doesn't look good or even spend all that time trying.

So my other question is what tape can be used for warping the wiring with ?

--- End quote ---

It was't a tape but a plastic wrap. The end of the wrap was finished (to keep it from unraveling) with electrical tape, cloth tape or adhesive depending on the supplier. On some looms at that end the identification label or assembler label was placed. Guess it help with keeping it from unraveling also

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: Bossman963 on November 07, 2017, 11:07:34 AM ---Thanks Jeff & Bob for info as it doesn't look good or even spend all that time trying.

So my other question is what tape can be used for warping the wiring with ?

--- End quote ---
So if your asking the question of wrapping the wire with a tape as a alternative to the weave material then I would use a good grade of electrical tape in this instance. Not a shiny type but a satin type. It needs to be stretchy too . 3M makes good tapes. The factory wrapping material used on the headlight harness and others is as Jeff describes . You can decide which wrapping material makes the best sense for you to use. Ether isn't going to be factory correct but ether will make the wiring look organized and tidy . If you choose to wrap with whatever it is best to stretch the harness being wrapped between two points . You wrap while keeping tension on the tape and harness . That is hard to do if the harness is not stretched . Overlap approximately half of the width of the tape. Keep the tape at a angle that allows the edges to lay flat as you wrap. There are other technique this is just the one I use when harness wrapping regardless of material used. I am sure others have their own way.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version