Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Suspension

Upper Control Arm Support ?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Brian Conway:
OK. I was aware of possible bushing damage.  Was not aware of upper boot or strut rod damage.  Good to know.  I, of course, have never used anything to support the upper arm.  Just jack the car up, leave everything hanging, and go about whatever it is I 'am doing.  Recently have noticed when I bottom out, usually a pot hole, the front end gives out a grunt-thump sound.  I think it's coming from one of the shocks ?  My thinking is I may have damaged the shock ' valveing ' by not supporting the upper arm ?  Next time I 'am under there I will look into the hi-tech 2x4 support. Brian

Anghelrestorations:
I am actually making some more of these.  I am making another 20 sets right now, but yes, a good tool to have when you raise them up.  Ford wanted us to use them for a reason....

Texas Swede:
The annual car inspection (Government controlled) in Sweden used this tool when measuring the wear of ball joints.
They must have gotten the information from Ford on how to measure play in ball joints.
Texas Swede

markb0729:
Wow!  I never knew about supporting the upper control arm.  Now I will!  Thanks.

ChrisV289:

--- Quote from: azscj on November 17, 2017, 12:52:39 AM ---I am actually making some more of these.  I am making another 20 sets right now, but yes, a good tool to have when you raise them up.  Ford wanted us to use them for a reason....

--- End quote ---

Just saw this thread, was going to comment that you had made some.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version