General Discussion > General Discussion

SAAC Forum down

<< < (12/12)

sah62:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on January 23, 2018, 05:05:32 PM ---The slowness could be a regional issue or something with the hosting service.

--- End quote ---

They appear to be running on a shared hosting platform operated by GoDaddy. High traffic volumes may be a cause for concern depending on the details of their hosting plan.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: sah62 on January 23, 2018, 06:34:40 PM ---They appear to be running on a shared hosting platform operated by GoDaddy. High traffic volumes may be a cause for concern depending on the details of their hosting plan.

--- End quote ---
The slowness seems to come and go today but mostly slow.

rodster:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on January 22, 2018, 10:17:16 AM ---Thanks Steve.  While our main focus is to help others, building a library for future reference was always a key benefit.  This forum is coming up on 9 years this summer and I couldn't imagine losing all of our past discussions here.

In the past, Jeff and I have discussed expanding the Shelby sub-forums here on the site.  It would never be our intention to do that in an effort to take away from the SAAC forum, but understand if some may not be willing to participate there anymore.  If the members here would like to see that section expanded, we can certainly do that.

--- End quote ---

You guys do a great job here and certainly had the big picture in mind when you started this forum and I'm guessing a back up is a high priority. 

Coming up on 9 yrs?   :o  Wow really??

In order to avoid duplication I always posted any Shelby concours info on the SAAC site but will shift my focus here. 

Now if you could go back and capture all the data that was lost and port it here that would be great!

Rod

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: rodster on January 23, 2018, 08:45:39 PM ---You guys do a great job here and certainly had the big picture in mind when you started this forum and I'm guessing a back up is a high priority. 
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the kind comments and yes back up is very important to us. Charles does a great job on that side of the house.  The concern is one of the reasons you will often see me post duplicate threads here and elsewhere where I will post pictures and text from something I posted on another board so that members here get the benefit from the post also

--- Quote from: rodster on January 23, 2018, 08:45:39 PM ---Now if you could go back and capture all the data that was lost and port it here that would be great!

--- End quote ---

Not sure how others would feel about that.  Might create ownership questions and hard feelings. Not something we boldly want to charge into ::)

rodster:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on January 23, 2018, 09:04:49 PM ---Thank you for the kind comments and yes back up is very important to us. Charles does a great job on that side of the house.  The concern is one of the reasons you will often see me post duplicate threads here and elsewhere where I will post pictures and text from something I posted on another board so that members here get the benefit from the post also

Not sure how others would feel about that.  Might create ownership questions and hard feelings. Not something we boldly want to charge into ::)

--- End quote ---

I know Charles is very sharp when it comes to IT stuff, and concours too.  I'd like to be sharp at just one thing!  ;)

The comment about porting over the lost data was not serious as I'm sure it's lost forever and was only a miracle wish.   The SAAC forum is now a lost treasure.

Should anyone be able to recover all the lost data, they would no doubt be considered a hero regardless of ownership.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version