1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Shelby

1965 1966 Traction master under-axle traction bars

<< < (2/5) > >>

Texas Swede:
My friend Dave McDonald made these pictures for my friend in Sweden (6S923).
Hope he doesn't mind me sharing them.
Texas Swede

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Texas Swede on January 16, 2018, 11:03:03 PM ---My friend Dave McDonald made these pictures for my friend in Sweden (6S923).
Texas Swede

--- End quote ---

Nice job  :)

Hipo giddyup:
 Wow that is really helpful. I'm half tempted to recreate these myself since these pics are very detailed. I have a good bit of angle iron and steel laying around the shop. I'll follow up and let you all know if they can even be purchased separately from traction master, or if I decide to create these from scratch. Many thanks!

Texas Swede:
Roland's 6S923 was raced by Claude Dubois in Europe and the original traction bars
were removed and the ear on the front mountings were cut off with the rest
remaining and the rear brackets with 3 ears were removed. A Panhard Rod was added.
Roland made the ears and welded them onto the front brackets
and it turned out great. No one can see any difference from original.
Texas Swede

s2ms:

--- Quote from: Texas Swede on January 16, 2018, 11:03:03 PM ---My friend Dave McDonald made these pictures for my friend in Sweden (6S923).
Texas Swede

--- End quote ---

No problem at all Bo, thanks for sharing! I totally forgot about those, better save a copy in case I didn't save the originals...

Scott Drake reproduces a concours underride traction bar kit. I haven't seen one so can't comment on how accurate they are or if you can get the front brackets separately. Available here from Virginia Mustang...

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-66-Mustang-and-GT350-Shelby-Traction-Bar-Kit-Show-Quality-P482280.aspx

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version