1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

source for 66 satin wiper arms

<< < (2/4) > >>

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: edwardgt350 on January 20, 2018, 11:20:28 AM ---looking for arms only. not blade holders.
also, straight or flanged caps?
mid year 66. (april)

--- End quote ---
The satin 66-mid 68 Mustang arms only came with the flanged caps.

rrenz:
Ive beat this horse to death. My original arms were in decent shape shape however the chromed pot metal ends are a bit tarnished. They were rather shiny so I figured they had just dulled out over the years so I replaced them with chrome arms. Come to find out they were satin that had just shined up over they years. I ordered a set of reproduction satin arms and installed them. They were on the car for about 5 minutes before coming right back off. I put the chrome 65 arms back on until I can find a better solution for the satin arms. The reproduction arms look very cheap and not right. I'm hoping someday ill find someone who can restore my original arms. :-\

NEFaurora:
Bob and I were referring to the Wiper Holders being like a Smooth '65 Wiper Holder...Only Satin..

We were NOT referring to the actual Wiper arms themselves... though thanks for the pic..

Jeff and Bob,

I see a picture referral guide coming in the near future....would be pretty simple to do...just throw up pics of each of the types..

:o)

Tony K.

J_Speegle:
Wiper condition today after 50 years has allot to do with what we we and find on these cars. Left alone many can show the affects of the elements on the finish while cleaning and polishing can create differences in the other direction

Here are some examples from all the same time period at San Jose in 66 (6R130000-about 136000)

And from later in the year

6R163xxx

6R178xxx

6R186xxx

6R196xxx

6R2042xx

Personally for the vast majority of the production year (later period of the two) I would focus to find something that looks like the example 6R196xxx above. Happens to belong to a car I've know since the 80's very nice unrestored car that spent most if its life (after the initial years) stored inside under covers but not polished and detailed.  Don't think its ever been buffed.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: NEFaurora on January 20, 2018, 01:45:21 PM ---"A early style that looked like the polished stainless 65 holder only satin"

Geez Bob..

Never seen one of those!

Any pics?

--- End quote ---
Here are some pics of the different holders

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version