Author Topic: Dark green seat belts  (Read 1404 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: Dark green seat belts
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2018, 04:54:22 PM »
Richard,
I assume you checked your stash and you don't have anything to offer?

Yes I did. I emailed you twice, perhaps my messages didn't deliver? I DO NOT have what you need in the Dark Green, only dark blue ones left at this time for the rears.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2018, 05:03:56 PM »
These have been out on eBay for a while now too. Maybe you've already seen them. They show really well what Richard talks about with the tag placement and the translucent sleeve at the mounting end:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MUSTANG-GALAXIE-1966-GREEN-NEW-OLD-STOCK-SEAT-BELTS-PAIR-MINT-FOMOCO-TAGS/273374922876?hash=item3fa66a487c%3Ag%3AxAEAAOSwKQ9aTlJf&_pgn=1&_sacat=0&_nkw=fomoco+seat+belt&_from=R40&rt=nc

Yes, those show what the Hamill seat belts look like very well. Robbins, the other maker for 67 Deluxe belts look very much the same except the labels are different and the stampings in the steel (chrome area) of the buckles is different. Everything else, per say, is all the same. For the "tongue" part you need, you can use either Hamill or Robbins with the significant difference only being in the label itself...the "tongue" is 100% identical with no identifiable differences at all. There is a subtle difference (between the two makers) in the stampings of the plate that bolts to the floor but it is not documented at this time and is also interchangeable between the two makers. Length of the webbing does vary a bit between time periods and the makers it seems.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline pellets4fuel

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2018, 12:22:08 PM »
Lance,
Hadn't seen that set, but a little too rich for where I am at  ;) Thanks though.  I emailed python, but didn't hear nothing back yet.  I do have some standard ones in black and some console seat belt cups I could trade if they (python) or anyone else would.