Author Topic: Fold down seat pictures...  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Fold down seat pictures...
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2018, 12:53:15 AM »
Thank you, Bill. Answers my question. Now I am going to have to locate the correct trim. I believe they are reproducing it now for the 67. I have trim for late 68-70.

-Keith
We have always had to save and reuse that one piece . If someone is reproducing it then that is a good thing however I am not aware of them . Maybe someone can confirm if and where for sure.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 05:05:54 AM »
Bob, I put a call in to the two manufacturers that make these kits. I will let you know once I am sure. I threw mine out years ago. If I can't find replacements I can make the inset ones work with a slight modification that can be corrected when I find a set. 

-Keith

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2018, 12:55:32 PM »
- a 67 San Jose "A" code Fastback about 15 years ago -
We had no problems.
Let me revise that. Per the car's owner (in a phone call last night), we used a edge molding kit for almost everything except the two curved striker pieces, which were re-chromed at a local chrome shop. The two kit pieces were "inferior". The 13 piece kit cost about $250, the plating was about $150 for the two sections. That was the least expensive approach. Again, that was 15 years ago.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2018, 10:34:49 PM »
Let me revise that. Per the car's owner (in a phone call last night), we used a edge molding kit for almost everything except the two curved striker pieces, which were re-chromed at a local chrome shop. The two kit pieces were "inferior". The 13 piece kit cost about $250, the plating was about $150 for the two sections. That was the least expensive approach. Again, that was 15 years ago.
Jim
Jim, you live in Commiefornia. Because of the moronic EPA there most Chrome goes to Tijuana to be done, then trucked back in to the U.S. That's why you pay that kind of money.
I am gathering that what is supplied by the two manufacturers has to be modified for use. So I will have to hunt down OE trim and plate it, or use what I have and do a slight modification to use it.  I posted months ago about the fold down issue. When I was adjusting it I noted the front piece trim was about .250 wider at the hinge. The light came on and I knew there was a trim issue.  Thank you for the website and clear pictures provided. I contacted Coral, but he wasn't enchanted about answering question. If I feel like I am bothering someone I disengage immediately.
I thank all for responses.  I now know what went wrong. I will never do a restoration like this over the length of time this one has taken either.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 12:52:04 PM »
Jim, you live in Commiefornia. Because of the moronic EPA there most Chrome goes to Tijuana to be done, then trucked back in to the U.S. That's why you pay that kind of money.
As usual, you "foreigners" get it wrong, in this case partially. In Northern California (about 500 miles from TJ), some the local chrome plating shops are still in business. My go-to shop did close early this year. The owner was not bashful about telling everyone his monthly EPA (that's federal) hazardous materials expenses, between 6 and 8 thousand dollars, which made plating expensive. All his work was done in-house. Another shop, located about two miles from me, preps the pieces to be done here, but sends them to the Central Valley, Modesto specifically, to be plated. The two pieces I referred to were done by that shop. Again, that was 15 years ago. That shop will stay in business simply because they plate items for the giants the High Tech industry, Intel, Cisco, AMD to name a few. The state harasses platers a lot, their customers (see above) harass the state. In Southern California, they do send just about everything to TJ. Remember, when in Mexico, don't drink the water.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2018, 01:18:55 PM »
... Remember, when in Mexico, don't drink the water.
Jim

Jose Cuervo, he no friend o' mine!
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 04:14:49 AM »
As usual, you "foreigners" get it wrong, in this case partially. In Northern California (about 500 miles from TJ), some the local chrome plating shops are still in business. My go-to shop did close early this year. The owner was not bashful about telling everyone his monthly EPA (that's federal) hazardous materials expenses, between 6 and 8 thousand dollars, which made plating expensive. All his work was done in-house. Another shop, located about two miles from me, preps the pieces to be done here, but sends them to the Central Valley, Modesto specifically, to be plated. The two pieces I referred to were done by that shop. Again, that was 15 years ago. That shop will stay in business simply because they plate items for the giants the High Tech industry, Intel, Cisco, AMD to name a few. The state harasses platers a lot, their customers (see above) harass the state. In Southern California, they do send just about everything to TJ. Remember, when in Mexico, don't drink the water.
Jim
Jim, Nothing that involves chemicals or manufacturing goes unfettered by the CA state EPA.  You're right. They are so far up their posterior that one drop of something unaccounted for garners a multi-million dollar investigation and unending attempts to prosecute. Of course while the state runs in the red and doesn't pay my medical expenses it has endless amounts of tax dollars for invaders who aren't coming here to make America a better place, but to exploit the system.  Even in California, at some point you'll run out of other people's money too!
I have a good plater here in the Ft Worth area if you need anything done.
                                                                                                                -Keith

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2018, 05:59:08 AM »
Jim
Jim, I am a native with 36 years of crazy Commiefornia under my belt, not to mention the way the state treats it's LE once they force retirement on you.  It is foreign to me now. I moved to Texas where we speak English.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks again for posting the site. The pictures were worth a 1000 words. ( Well, close)
                                                                           -Keith

Offline 67GT500

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2018, 03:43:35 PM »
Jim

Jim is on the money, if you use one of the after market Moulding kits, you will have to use and re-chrome the original corner moulding's.. The ones in the kit dont fit. I also re did my original latches.. 

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2018, 07:19:32 PM »
Well, sort of true.  They can be modified. I also had the latches replated. However, those are available now new. The molding has to be modified.