Author Topic: C7OE Radiator Decode  (Read 802 times)

Offline Snydly289

C7OE Radiator Decode
« on: March 20, 2019, 01:04:43 AM »
When I purchased my 65 HiPo fastback, I found a lot of random Ford parts in the trunk. One of these item was this 2-core radiator.

The stamping on the drivers side of the radiator is C7OE 8005 N1 7MB

From what I have been able to find, its for a 67 Fairlane and/or Torino, with a date of the 2nd week of December 1967. 8005 denotes the radiator and grill parts group. Can anyone help out with the rest of the numbers to help identify what this radiator truly goes to? Given it has a pass inlet and pass outlet, obviously a small block comes to mind. I was unable to find any other numbers or tags on the radiator. The approximate dimensions of the core area is approximately 20 inches wide and just a quarter over 17 inches tall.   

Riley
65 K Code Fastback -5F09K325XXX, Oct. '64, Vintage Burg, Rally Pac, Arvinode Exh, lots '64 items
66 A Code GT Coupe -4 speed, bench Seat, P/S, A/C, Rally Pac, handling package, 8 track
66 A Code Fastback -Built 302, 66 S2MS Intake, WC T-5, 4-wheel Wilwoods, locking 9"
66 T Coupe
65 T Code Fastback

Offline Snydly289

Re: C7OE Radiator Decode
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 01:05:57 AM »
Here is an additional photo. I was unable to add a second photo for some reason in the original post.
65 K Code Fastback -5F09K325XXX, Oct. '64, Vintage Burg, Rally Pac, Arvinode Exh, lots '64 items
66 A Code GT Coupe -4 speed, bench Seat, P/S, A/C, Rally Pac, handling package, 8 track
66 A Code Fastback -Built 302, 66 S2MS Intake, WC T-5, 4-wheel Wilwoods, locking 9"
66 T Coupe
65 T Code Fastback

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 02:51:29 AM »
When I purchased my 65 HiPo fastback, I found a lot of random Ford parts in the trunk. One of these item was this 2-core radiator.

The stamping on the drivers side of the radiator is C7OE 8005 N1 7MB

From what I have been able to find, its for a 67 Fairlane and/or Torino, with a date of the 2nd week of December 1967. 8005 denotes the radiator and grill parts group. Can anyone help out with the rest of the numbers to help identify what this radiator truly goes to? Given it has a pass inlet and pass outlet, obviously a small block comes to mind. I was unable to find any other numbers or tags on the radiator. The approximate dimensions of the core area is approximately 20 inches wide and just a quarter over 17 inches tall.   

Riley
Mustang ones are about 21 inches tall a Fairlane or Torino would be taller then that I think .
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 09:15:05 AM »
Mustang ones are about 21 inches tall a Fairlane or Torino would be taller then that I think .

In the service manual the radiator sizes are measured by the core not including the tanks. I think the Torino-Fairlane tank height is around 17 inches.
Mustang radiators are 16 inches high.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 01:44:30 PM »
In the service manual the radiator sizes are measured by the core not including the tanks. I think the Torino-Fairlane tank height is around 17 inches.
Mustang radiators are 16 inches high.
Thanks, that would explain why it looks taller then 17 inch's in the picture.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby