Author Topic: Lord Fusor News  (Read 3259 times)

Offline JKWilson

Lord Fusor News
« on: November 11, 2010, 01:48:47 AM »
I know through past posts and conversations with some folks here that they (or their paint/body men), use the Lord Fusor 805 Wheel House and Sealer products to replicate the same look of the sound deadener applied by the factory in the door shell interiors, interior of the rear quarter panels, etc. Well I have some important news that will affect that.

At one of the main paint & body suppliers here I've developed pretty good relations with the manager. He routinely sells me everything I get from them at body shop discounts, even though he knows I'm just a "hobbyist". While there today picking up some 3M sealer the conversation turned to the Lord Fusor products, and the 312 applicator gun for the 804/805 products specifically. He told me NOT to buy a 312 gun. He had forgotten that I had previously mentioned already owning the gun (ummm, I didn't get it from them). He advised the Lord rep was in the store yesterday covering upcoming changes. The rep advised that Lord is repackaging the 804 and 805 sealers in a new cartridge. The new cartridge will NOT work with the 312 gun. As such they'll be offering a new gun also (imagine that!). When the manager asked him if the new gun would be cheaper than the 312 he was told "no". He was advised Lord would possibly be offering an adapter for the  312 gun to utilize the redesigned cartridge (no info on the cost or availability of it though). As such, if you (or your body guy), use the 805 sealer, stock up now or look at more cash outlay to apply it. I told him I sure wasn't buying a new gun and if the adaptor was too expensive, I'd just start cleaning my current tubes out whenever I empty one to put the sealer out of the new cartridge into an old one! :P

There were no implementation dates, so check with your supplier! Just figured I'd pass that along so no one was caught by surprise. It's so nice to get along well with the paint/body supplier. I just wish they were the local supplier for PPG products too. They'd have ALL of my business!

p.s. Unfortunately I also found out he'd have loaned me a gun if I ever needed one. Too late, I had bought mine prior to getting in good with them! :'(
'66 GT Fastback,  Metuchen, 10/28/65, 289-4v w/4spd
'66 Sprint Coupe, Dearborn, 06/11/66, 200ci w/ C4
'91 LX Convertible, Dearborn, 08/91, 5.0 w/AOD
'92 LX Hatchback, Dearborn, 5.0 w/AOD

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Lord Fusor News
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 12:28:53 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up, good to know.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline JKWilson

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 09:28:44 PM »
You're quit welcome Charles. You were actually one of the folks I had in mind when I posted. I knew you liked using the product. ;)

Offline cbrown

• Silver Level Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 10:49:32 PM »
This is just my opinion,but I bet they are changeing  because of shelf life of the 805.  I dont know how many times i have went to the shelf and put a cartridge of 805 in and it  was half dried up. maybe the new packaging will last longer.

That is what started me in looking to where is was buying the 805  from. The  vender that moved the most product , that way it would stay fresh hopefully  a little longer..

chris

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 08:28:52 PM »
Any new news on the replacement gun?
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

"A work of art in the form of a Mustang"

Offline JKWilson

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 09:57:30 PM »
Nothing further yet Gary. I haven't been by the store in about a month. I'll definitely post if I find out anything further. It'll probably be later next week before I get a chance to go back by there.

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 06:49:23 PM »
Thanks for that-looking forward to hear what you find out.
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

"A work of art in the form of a Mustang"