Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Non-Mustang Ford Models 1965-73

Industrial or Marine intake manifold? 302-4V

(1/1)

krelboyne:
Not sure where to slot this topic. 289/302-4V cast iron intake manifold. Casting number D1JE-9425-AA, with a big "X". Dated 2F9, firing order left blank.

I have not checked anything else on the engine, in a first generation Cougar.

RoyceP:
Looks like a 1971 design for a marine application. Probably identical to the '68 302-4V intake. Ford likely needed some for a marine order in 1971 so they had to revise the drawing to reflect the new marine application which resulted in the "J" in the third position of the casting number.

Probably a good piece for a driver 302.

--- Quote from: krelboyne on June 09, 2020, 09:59:35 PM ---Not sure where to slot this topic. 289/302-4V cast iron intake manifold. Casting number D1JE-9425-AA, with a big "X". Dated 2F9, firing order left blank.

I have not checked anything else on the engine, in a first generation Cougar.

--- End quote ---

krelboyne:

--- Quote from: RoyceP on June 10, 2020, 12:44:10 PM ---Looks like a 1971 design for a marine application. Probably identical to the '68 302-4V intake. Ford likely needed some for a marine order in 1971 so they had to revise the drawing to reflect the new marine application which resulted in the "J" in the third position of the casting number.

Probably a good piece for a driver 302.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I was leaning that way too. Would make sense why there would not be a firing order in the casting. Why make an odd casting just to show a reverse rotation firing order?

krelboyne:
Found a 1970 dated Ford Marine booklet that lists parts. The "J" in the third position of the part number is definitely Industrial and or Marine. Listing some of the parts in photos. Used Holley 4V carburetors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version