Author Topic: Searching for Ford Dealer Codes  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Brian Styles

• 1967 Shelby Research Group
Searching for Ford Dealer Codes
« on: November 18, 2020, 09:46:36 AM »
If you have a 1967-1970 Ford vehicle (Mustang or any model) that was sold by one of these dealers, we'd very much appreciate it if you'd share the 6-digit Ford dealer code with us. All these dealers sold more than two '67 Shelby GT units:

City Motors                   1401 National Ave.      National City  CA  92101
Universal Motors               391 South Main St.     Akron          OH  44311
University Ford Sales, Inc.    315 S. Neil St.        Champaign      IL  61820
Duthler Ford Sales Inc         555 28th Street SE     Grand Rapids   MI  49507
Lynch-Davidson Motors, Inc.    724 Hogan St.          Jacksonville   FL  32202

G&T Ford                                              Seneca Falls   NY
Van Steen Motors                                      Appleton       WI

Update: 12/5/2020 - found the first five on the list. The remaining two on the list each sold three '67 Shelby units.

I apologize for a bit of a cross-post here. This topic was originally started in the '67 Shelby forum, and we were successful in identifying a few dealers, however, we're still looking for a handful more. It appears that we've exhausted the resources of that august group, so trying to cast a larger net here...

« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 10:30:52 AM by Brian Styles »

Offline DougDyar

Re: Searching for Ford Dealer Codes
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 10:34:48 AM »
Marti Auto Works can't provide this info?
0F02G203277
June 22, 1970 Dearborn BOSS 302

Offline Brian Styles

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 09:21:56 AM »
Marti Auto Works can't provide this info?

Unfortunately, Kevin absolutely could provide the five dealer codes, but he will not provide them.
I have asked. I've even offered to pay for his valuable time. His position is that he will only sell his 'reports' (retail).
Therein lies the problem -- if I had cars, I'd have VINs, and then I'd have the option to purchase reports.
This is why I continue to attempt to crowdsource the answers.

Offline Mike_B_SVT

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 07:37:51 PM »
Unfortunately, Kevin absolutely could provide the five dealer codes, but he will not provide them.
I have asked. I've even offered to pay for his valuable time. His position is that he will only sell his 'reports' (retail).
Therein lies the problem -- if I had cars, I'd have VINs, and then I'd have the option to purchase reports.
This is why I continue to attempt to crowdsource the answers.

It's quite possible that this current contract with Ford won't allow him to sell just that information.
However, I would think it would be something recorded in a book of some sort, somewhere.

Another option you might try is to exercise your Google-Fu.  While this isn't the dealer info for City Motors (National City, CA), 6S1177 is a car that you could probably track down and acquire the info from the owner.  Looks like it was kicked around for a few years at various auctions.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/HA0414-184940/1966-shelby-gt350h-fastback/
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 07:56:45 PM by Mike_B_SVT »
Mike B.

2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible
1 of 354 in Sonic Blue

1970 Cougar Eliminator (Competition Gold / Black Decor Interior), 428SCJ, Ram-Air, 4-speed w/ Hurst shifter
Built: Dearborn, Oct 6th, 1969
Cat Bites Man!

Offline Brian Styles

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 12:16:39 PM »
It's quite possible that this current contract with Ford won't allow him to sell just that information.
However, I would think it would be something recorded in a book of some sort, somewhere.

Another option you might try is to exercise your Google-Fu.  While this isn't the dealer info for City Motors (National City, CA), 6S1177 is a car that you could probably track down and acquire the info from the owner.  Looks like it was kicked around for a few years at various auctions.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/HA0414-184940/1966-shelby-gt350h-fastback/

Kevin has sold a lot of information (not just reports) over the years; it's likely his choice. Regardless, since the answer is 'no,' it's a moot point as it relates to this topic...

'66 models would not have a Ford record to tap into, thus no 'Marti Reports,' so I don't see how we could get the Ford dealer code for anything pre-'67, unless it was learned from a '67 or newer, and then factored in any district numbering changes that may have taken place... and yes, we have a great topic on that at the SRG:

https://groups.google.com/g/shelbyresearch/c/-dJE_tHM_nM

Believe me, we monitor auction lots and search the net with great regularity. It's why we've found nearly 500 Ford dealer codes so far. The quest will continue. As true die-hard enthusiasts, we know that patience and persistence are the keys to successful research.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 12:45:37 PM by Brian Styles »

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 03:10:51 PM »
Here's a Ford Dealer code that's a bit off the beaten path, it's one of Fords'. I don't know where I got these pages, but it is an unusual one, and it confirms DSO 89. In this case, it's for a 71 Torino Cobra for leasing internally (to a sale manger perhaps) using code 89207J.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline Brian Styles

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 10:33:07 AM »
District Code 89 = "Transportation Services"

Offline flyingfred

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2020, 07:10:03 AM »
Kevin has sold a lot of information (not just reports) over the years; it's likely his choice. Regardless, since the answer is 'no,' it's a moot point as it relates to this topic...

'66 models would not have a Ford record to tap into, thus no 'Marti Reports,' so I don't see how we could get the Ford dealer code for anything pre-'67, unless it was learned from a '67 or newer, and then factored in any district numbering changes that may have taken place... and yes, we have a great topic on that at the SRG:

https://groups.google.com/g/shelbyresearch/c/-dJE_tHM_nM

Believe me, we monitor auction lots and search the net with great regularity. It's why we've found nearly 500 Ford dealer codes so far. The quest will continue. As true die-hard enthusiasts, we know that patience and persistence are the keys to successful research.

I was a parts manager for Ford and Lincoln-Mercury dealers for twenty years and I have a sort of printed out little booklet on Los Angeles area dealer codes from back in the day. We used it as a way to communicate with other dealers. If you email me, I will see if I can find where I put it.

-Fred-