Author Topic: 69 Park brake assembly observations and pics  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Sluggo

• Dark Overlord
69 Park brake assembly observations and pics
« on: March 06, 2011, 12:18:24 AM »
I had to remove my park brake pedal assembly today to reweld the release lever. I thought since the assembly was pretty clean (other than my welding) I'd snap a few pics and note some things about it for those who want or need the info.

This is a 69 13E San Jose car.

Things of note:

Attachment 1
  • Green arrow: White paint mark at top corner of black on the release mechanism.
  • Yellow arrow: Overspray
  • Blue arrow: Double tape line. The pedal itself appears to either have been painted prior to assembly or when in the applied position. Paint coverage on the back side does not cover the rolled edges. Then it looks like they painted the bottom edge (where the bumper attaches) while the assembly was attached to the car. The bolt nearest the yellow arrow coming in from the left side of the picture has black overspray on it. Overspray on pedal is very dry and rough to the touch. Rubber bumper is oversprayed.
Attachment 2
  • Park brake warning switch.
Attachment 3
  • Close up of paint/overspray.
Attachment 4
  • Back side of assembly.
Attachment 5
  • Paint edge on bottom of assembly.
Attachment 6
  • Stampings on pedal.
Attachment 7
  • FOMOCO stamp and maker's mark?
Attachment 8
  • Oversprayed bolt.
Attachment 9
  • Another view of overspray.
Thinking it out a bit more I would guess that the pedal and the release were painted before assembly and the bottom edge was an afterthought, done on the fly, which could be unique to this car or at least a rare occurrence.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 09:11:18 PM by Sluggo »
MCA 55330 | 69 Mach1 | 427 Stroker | 29 Model A Murray Town Car | 4 Banger

Offline rockhouse66

Re: 69 Park brake assembly observations and pics
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 08:23:32 AM »
I don't know why there would be overspray, since I think these were dipped?  Anyone know how to decipher the date codes (or whatever the numbers are on the kick panel side of the pedal arm)?

You will be amazed how nice that assembly will look after an overnight swim in Evaporust.
Jim
'66 GT FB