Author Topic: Trunk Jack Decal location - July 65 San Jose  (Read 721 times)

Offline Jammarstang

Trunk Jack Decal location - July 65 San Jose
« on: April 17, 2022, 09:31:46 PM »
Hello, I am looking for the official location for my jack stowage decal. I have a 1965 Fastback. It was built July 02, 1965 at the San Jose plant. Thanks
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 04:35:52 PM by J_Speegle »

Offline jwc66k

Re: Trunk Jack Decal location
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 12:09:56 AM »
Here's my 65 GT Fastback (San Jose, 5-11-65 scheduled build) trunk lid. Note the lack of ribs in the openings and the different color of the hinges. I don't have an explanation for that. But, as far as I can tell, the label is original.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 02:24:56 AM »
Hello, I am looking for the official location for my jack stowage decal. I have a 1965 Fastback. It was built July 02, 1965 at the San Jose plant. Thanks

By far, the most typical would be on the RH side.

FYI... the date on the warranty plate is a 'scheduled' build date.  The actual build date of the car could be that date or possibly days/weeks before or after.  We don't have factory records for 65-66 cars, so nobody could say for sure when actual production date was for any given car.  Based on what we see with 67-up Marti reports, the norm seems to be that more cars missed the projected build date than made it.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 04:46:25 PM »

By far, the most typical would be on the RH side.

+1 Drivers side is a very rare occasion in my experience. In fact have never found on on an original there

Example from your cars time period. Ignore the other decal location where the decal/sticker is now long gone. That is a Shelby specific decal

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)