Author Topic: WTB: four OEM unrestored radiator to rad support bolts and U nuts  (Read 762 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: WTB: four OEM unrestored radiator to rad support bolts and U nuts
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2022, 07:18:45 PM »
This is what I did when they became available. This is a photo from a 66 Shelby restoration by Jeremy Hill, at Maple Hills Restoration. It's from the Virginia Classic Mustang blog on their website. Like Jim mentioned, mine were so rusted up, they weren't recognizable, especially the head markings on any of the bolts. I was able to save the original 2 row brackets.

Do you remember what the car number was. Unfortunate no 66 Shelbys were built the same month as the poster is looking for. One of the reasons I didn't look through those files

The pictures, as I should have mentioned it earlier, that the J clips are difference from the ones used for cars without shrouds that were attached to the radiator support
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 21.04

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2022, 09:54:29 PM »
Thanks For looking Jeff and thanks for the photo you do have!  My car does have the original bolts holding the brackets and are the same style as shown in your photo. I will need the larger bolts holding the rad to the support and the U nuts.  I'll look for a good unrestored late 66 SJ example to see if I can identify markings on the bolt heads to know what to look for.
66 K code Conv GT red/red deluxe 4 spd
66 A code Conv Non-GT black/red deluxe 3 spd
66 Sprint Conv Unrestored Green/blk std 3 spd

Offline lancelot66

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2022, 02:22:33 PM »
Jeff,
 The Shelby on VCM's blog is:

Oct 3, 2014
"Just the Details...1966 Shelby Mustang GT350 Restoration 6S933"
VR/
-Lance