1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Shelby

1967 428 PI Throttle Return Spring

(1/1)

kkupec02:
I had a non correct throttle return spring on my car that I finally got around to changing out for a correct reproduction by Mansfield Restoration in Massachusetts. I threw out my old spring as it was "weak" and not correct. I hate my new spring. The old "weak" spring allowed me to feather the gas and gave me a lot of control. The new reproduction correct spring is tight and unforgiving. Should I try a different spring from another company or are all the reproduction springs this way, ie tight?

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: kkupec02 on January 12, 2024, 09:32:56 PM ---I had a non correct throttle return spring on my car that I finally got around to changing out for a correct reproduction by Mansfield Restoration in Massachusetts. I threw out my old spring as it was "weak" and not correct. I hate my new spring. The old "weak" spring allowed me to feather the gas and gave me a lot of control. The new reproduction correct spring is tight and unforgiving. Should I try a different spring from another company or are all the reproduction springs this way, ie tight?

--- End quote ---
There are not too many people that have offered a 67 GT500 return spring . Mansfield is the only one I am currently aware of that offers one. Now knowing the dimensions of the spring you may want to try and come up with one on your own.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version