Author Topic: '67 390 GT Mustang Convertible - Heater Control Valve  (Read 1433 times)

Offline janglemyer

'67 390 GT Mustang Convertible - Heater Control Valve
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »
Which is more correct ~ the mushroom style re-pro (where the vaccum comes out of the top from a 90) or a new old stock service part (where the vaccum line comes out on the passanger side at a horizontal postion)?

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: '67 390 GT Mustang Convertible - Heater Control Valve
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 05:41:49 PM »
Which is more correct ~ the mushroom style re-pro (where the vaccum comes out of the top from a 90) or a new old stock service part (where the vaccum line comes out on the passanger side at a horizontal postion)?
The repro is more correct looking IMHO compared to the service part mentioned and is what I would use on a car of mine given only those two choices. They both have their own set of defiencies. Others may have different opinions.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline janglemyer

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »
Thank you for the information.

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 08:08:59 PM »
The repro is more correct looking IMHO compared to the service part mentioned and is what I would use on a car of mine given only those two choices. They both have their own set of defiencies. Others may have different opinions.
+1
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America