Author Topic: Seventy Five Years Ago Today -  (Read 2023 times)

Offline jwc66k

Seventy Five Years Ago Today -
« on: May 06, 2012, 04:04:11 PM »
May 6, 1937, at NAS Lakehurst located in New Jersey, the German Zeppelin blewup, burned and crashed. This is a fragment my father picked up when he was dispatched by the US Navy to render aid and assistance at the crash site.
Jim   
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline austexstang

Re: Seventy Five Years Ago Today -
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »
WOW !! Awesome, I bet he had a heck of a story to go along with that piece of history.  PM me if you ever decide to part with it.

priceless

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 08:03:50 AM »
Yea, I agree with austex....Thats amazing he got pieces from the Hindenburg....By the way Jim, are you associated with the MCA? Is your last name Cunningham?  Just wondering....Rich

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 02:18:40 PM »
WOW !! Awesome, I bet he had a heck of a story to go along with that piece of history.  PM me if you ever decide to part with it.
The story of the Hindenburg artifact was surpassed by my father's actions as a Naval Aviator on Dec 7, 1941 at Kaneohe Naval Air Station, Territory of Hawaii, and the resulting actions of WWII.
I've been a member of MCA for almost 20 years, and my last name is not Cunningham.
Jim

I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline austexstang

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 10:16:48 PM »
It's wonderful that you  have such a great family history and for him to have experienced not one but two enormous historical events is truly amazing.  A big "salute" to him and his generation for what they did for all of here today. 

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 12:14:59 AM »
Thanks. Whenever I encounter a member of the Military in uniform, including those in a foreign branch, I thank them for their service. I encourage everyone to do the same.
Jim
USN