Author Topic: 67 San Jose sound deadener question  (Read 1677 times)

Offline rocnhrse

67 San Jose sound deadener question
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:06:10 PM »
does anyone have photos of where the sound deadener applied in the trunk area in the San Jose plant in the first week of April of 67
I forgot to take photos( should have a camera in my tool box ) Also the lower area of the inner wheel well were there was no sound deadener
how did they do that, if there is over spray on frame rail ?
thanks John
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:03:01 PM by J_Speegle »
67 mustang  GTA  S code fastback  San Jose  April 67

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: sound deadener
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 10:37:40 PM »
does anyone have photos of where the sound deadener applied in the trunk area in the San Jose plant in the first week of April of 67

Will find some and post

Also the lower area of the inner wheel well were there was no sound deadener
how did they do that, if there is over spray on frame rail ?

Over spray of sound deader on the rear frame rails behind the wheelwell is normally the results of the worker, applying sound deadener to the rear wheel wells finishing there pass at the end. Normally they started at the front edge (on the frame - normally three passes on the lower section) and finished after the rear edge stopped. This allowed product to flow into that area.

You'll find body color and pinch weld black out there too ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 10:57:38 PM »
As far as the trunk looks like ,up to 5  vertical passes of the wand is fairly typical for one of the workers during that period. Fairly heavy sag or build at the bottom edge

As for the other part of the question... I might have misunderstood where you were describing Lets try again :)

Take some time to read the discussions about reproducing the original look for the sound deadener... they will be helpful

Jeff Speegle

Offline rocnhrse

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 01:04:42 PM »
thanks Jeff, I am on the right track after reading all posts, and your photos, I want to be neat but
all the applications look sloppy, I am surprised we didn't complain in the sixty's 
67 mustang  GTA  S code fastback  San Jose  April 67

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »
thanks Jeff, I am on the right track after reading all posts, and your photos, I want to be neat but
all the applications look sloppy, I am surprised we didn't complain in the sixty's

Its the trunk....... drips and runs in the paint there were fairly common. Interior's and exterior's  were much more important to the inspectors and customers ;)
Jeff Speegle