Author Topic: Heater Hoses....orange?  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Mixster

Heater Hoses....orange?
« on: May 14, 2013, 06:55:46 PM »
Hi everyone, this is my first post. My car is a 1966 A Code factory GT coupe, its fitted with orange heater hoses, I originally thought they had  replaced the originals but I have subsequently seen orange hoses in other pictures? Interested to know if orange was some alternative to the expected black hoses?

Here's a picture of the engine bay when I first found my car....

Feedback welcome, regards Mick
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:02:01 PM by Mixster »

Offline jwc66k

Re: Heater Hoses....orange?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 07:25:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Now for the bad news. The factory installed heater hoses were black. It looks like your engine compartment has had a lot of "help" over the years. What ever you do to or with your car, have fun.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline cobraboy

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 02:01:03 PM »
Welcome Mick
Can I have your orange hoses when you take them off ?  ;D
13th April 1965 Dearborn K GT on the other side of the pond.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 08:29:42 PM »
Welcome also - agree the orange red hose was a typical parts store replacement for allot of years. Plenty of bolt on items have been changed in that engine compartment so it seems to fit
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Mixster

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2013, 03:12:57 AM »
Doesn't look so much like this now, pic was taken 5 years ago, but its only lately that ive been bitten more with trying to get it to look as correct as possible. Dont think I have Concours aspirations, but definitely like the stock look rather than bling. 

So orange pipes (agree they look aweful but have been functional) are going to get swapped....

Offline silverfox

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 06:43:29 PM »
Welcome Mick and nice to see you on here!
Chris
Current Mustangs:
1965 Fastback 289 K Code - Hi-Po - Caspian Blue

1970 Mach 1 Sportsroof 351C Auto - White - Project car and in Resto (started Sept 2012)

Past Mustangs:
1966 Fastback GT350 clone, Hi-Po 289, 4 Spd Man, White/Blue

Offline Mixster

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »
Thank you sir!! Now I love my Stang.....and think its pretty original......definitely a true 66 factory GT as it passes all tests.... But my thoughts of originality compared with the levels of detail here actually makes my car a Subaru Imprezza turbo....with the gap between originality and 48 years of fixing and maintenance being so much apart that I'm amazed (and impressed) at the attention to detail you concours lot go to!

That said... I'm not disheartened...the boys n girls on here are going to help me get to a "close" level of authenticity, that ticks the "it looks original" box..... They just don't know it yet

Thanks for not laughing too loudly.....mick

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 10:20:06 PM »
But my thoughts of originality compared with the levels of detail here actually makes my car a Subaru Imprezza turbo....with the gap between originality and 48 years of fixing and maintenance being so much apart that I'm amazed (and impressed) at the attention to detail you concours lot go to!

You'll catch the bug...
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

"A work of art in the form of a Mustang"