Author Topic: Pinehurst, NC - Concours d'Elegance 2014  (Read 5988 times)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Pinehurst, NC - Concours d'Elegance 2014
« on: August 02, 2013, 10:20:12 PM »
A friend of mine, Cecil B., called to let me know that at the 2014 Concours d'Elegance at Pinehurst next year, they plan to have the Mustang as the featured marquee, just as was done at Keeneland recently.  They will be looking for some upper level show cars to attend the event.  I invited Cecil to register on the site, so he should be able to provide more information.  The show is actually on the Pinehurst golf course, so a very neat opportunity!
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Cecil Bozarth

Re: Pinehurst, NC - Concours d'Elegance 2014
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 11:49:26 PM »
Hello -

I'm Cecil Bozarth, friend of Caspian65 and owner of a 1966 Tahoe Turquoise GT coupe (my first car) which I restored about 12 years ago.  I just wanted to provide a little more information about the Pinehurst Concours.  The event is held the first Sunday in May on Pinehurst No. 4 (yep, you get to park on the golf course), and as Charles said, they are looking to put together a class of top-notch Mustangs in celebration of the 50th anniversary.  Long story short, if you've gotten a gold award at MCA, your car would be more than qualified. For those who are interested, there is also a drive to Fort Bragg from Pinehurst on Friday, called the Iron Mike Rally.

Here's the link, and I'll be glad to answer any questions:  http://pinehurstconcours.com/
And here are videos of the Iron Mike Rally and the show:  http://pinehurstconcours.com/2013-event-highlights

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 10:45:36 AM »
Well Well,  the pressure is now on Mr Turner.  will the secret car be ready in time.  so you have the 50th anniversary show and then this show close by and not to far away from home.  mmm gets my mind wondering.

regards,

PHILL BERESFORD,
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline AU SNK

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 11:15:10 AM »
Will there be an unrestored/preservation class?
Unrestored 66 Metuchen, NJ Fastback 6T09C2435XX
Sauterne Gold Metallic, Lt. Ivy Gold Crinkle Vinyl and White Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior

Offline Cecil Bozarth

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 01:45:38 PM »
Good question - I don't know, but I suspect how they set up the specific Mustang classes will depend a lot on the response they get. (PS -- I'm not part of the concours group, just a NC car enthusiast who would like to see it succeed.)

Offline Charles Potts

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 02:59:01 PM »
I could bring my 64 vert if I can find reasonable transportation from Holly Springs.

Offline Cecil Bozarth

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 11:48:18 PM »
Hello Folks -- My ever-observant wife told me they did have a preservation class last year, so I'd say definitely send in an application.  Thank your for the positive responses. I'll be driving down my '66 coupe, but won't be entering the show, so say hello if you see me.

Offline Sam Cro

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »
They would be looking for cars in factory-new condition with no modifications.  Upper level concours-trailered or thoroughbred type cars.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline rodster

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 10:23:19 PM »
Looks like a great show with a lot of beautiful cars.....may have to make a trip back down to NC  ;)

http://www.sportscardigest.com/pinehurst-concours-delegance-2013-report-and-photos/6/?nggpage=7
1965 Dearborn Mustang Coupe
Raven Black - Palomino Pony
1967 Dearborn Mustang Conv.
Wimbeldon White - Red
1984 SVO - 2A

Offline Sam Cro

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 12:54:58 PM »
it is all original except the paint and I think it is Concours level is it Not ?

Sam

Offline Ivygreen65

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2013, 02:17:36 PM »
Original paint color is pretty important, but the easiest way to see if yours is a Concours d'Elegance level of car is to submit an entry and see if they accept your car.

Offline Sam Cro

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 09:09:23 AM »
Thank you for the replies .

Samuel

Offline gtamustang

• CPM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 12:01:59 PM »
Well Well,  the pressure is now on Mr Turner.  will the secret car be ready in time.  so you have the 50th anniversary show and then this show close by and not to far away from home.  mmm gets my mind wondering.

regards,

PHILL BERESFORD,
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

Phil,

I was at Mr. Turner's last evening and can attest to the fact that your car is on the lift and all of the parts are still in the bins!!  Are wheels required to be on the car for it to be completed??? ;D ;D

Regards,

Offline Sunlitgold68

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 04:47:07 PM »
Cecil, I took Business 320 with you at State in Nelson 240. (spring of 97' I believe)  We talked about Mustang's very briefly one day going to the Caterpillar Plant tour with the class. I never knew we would cross paths again.....

I might enter the show in Pinehurst, just don't have a trailer and would hate to drive that far.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 04:48:43 PM by Sunlitgold68 »
8T01C204XXX

Built May 14th, 1968

Original Owners, custom ordered from Clemmons Ford, Henderson NC