Author Topic: Arning drop or not.  (Read 1918 times)

Offline slingslingbinks

Arning drop or not.
« on: September 28, 2013, 02:38:52 AM »
It's probably been asked here before and just for the fact that the car will handle better with the drop. Will ya get point's deducted if the drop is done in a concours judging?

I'm currently getting ready to install new Upper and Lower Control arm's on my 64 1/2 260 cid. Deerborn coupe. I'm reusing the original coil spring's.

I'm shooting for all original except the exterior color and i'm trying my best to keep it original. I know the Arning drop was not original on this car and why not go ahead and do it.

Any comment's on the point deduction?

Tks Scott

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Arning drop or not.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 10:55:56 AM »
UCA drop would be at least 1-2 points deduction in any concours-judged event.

The UCA drop by itself will generally not improve handling drastically.  The best handling upgrades you can do are:

-Koni shocks
-Export brace
-1" sway bar
-4 turn steering box

All of these will typically cost points in concours judging also, so you have to make a choice as to what is more important to you. 
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »
Agree with Charles that your going to expect a couple of points lost to this choice

.................I'm shooting for all original except the exterior color and i'm trying my best to keep it original.
I know the Arning drop was not original on this car and why not go ahead and do it.

I guess you answered your own question - Why not go ahead and do it??  Because you stated you are shooting for "all original except for the exterior color" ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline slingslingbinks

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 11:58:59 PM »
Look's like the Arning drop is no longer in the plan's. I'm already going to loose 25 point's for non Factory Paint, even though there is not a warranty tag on the door. As far as i can tell the car was yellow???? This East wood cruise nigh blue metallic paint the wife want's her car painted will be nice. I figured i'd get a new warranty tag made up and use the Guardsman Blue code F on the tag, Figure out what interior to put in the car and use that code and Fudge the DSO, I have the tran's and diff. code. That way the info on the warranty tag will match the car and no more point deduction with the miss matched door tag

Tks for clearing up the point's on the drop, Charles and John.

C-ya Scott