Author Topic: An unusual 1965 underdash harness configuration  (Read 670 times)

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
An unusual 1965 underdash harness configuration
« on: October 08, 2014, 10:05:01 PM »
I was cleaning out and scavaging parts off of my 1965 underdash cores, when I ran across two harnesses that had integrated wiper circuitry.  I've examined well over 100 65's (non-GT versions) and never saw this before.

In 64.5, the one and two speed wiper circuits were built in (integral) to the underdash harness.  In 65 and 66, both wipers (1 and 2 speeds) plugged into the main harness via a bullet plug.  These two harnesses from 1965 did not have those bullet plugs.  I'm guessing that they are extremely early 65 harnesses.

I also saw two other harnesses that had fog lamp power leads: (blue/black wires with a ring connector) in the proper place for 1966 harnesses.  Everything else about these harnesses screamed 1965 and not 1966.  It's possible that they were in fact 1966's with missing ammeter wires (already removed) and missing gauge firewall plugs.  These certainly were not 1965 GT/ponycar harnesses which would have the foglamp power feed inside the main harness.

Sometimes when you think you know all there is about these old Fords, ol' Henry throws you a loop...
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com