1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1970 Mustang

70 428CJ Question about emissions sticker

(1/3) > >>

DaveF:
I was wondering if it is appropriate to have an emission sticker on the valve cover of my 1970 428 SCJ?

jwc66k:
Is it a current state inspection type sticker? If so, probable yes. If it's a Ford sticker, probably yes, or it should be in a different location. If it's an older state sticker, I would remove it.
Jim

DaveF:
It?s a Ford decal. I believe that it may have the engine timing as well as other text. I have seen pictures with this sticker on the Left valve cover towards the front. However, I have never seen an example of a 428 SCJ with aluminum valve covers, displaying the decal.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: DaveF on April 11, 2024, 04:46:10 PM ---It?s a Ford decal. I believe that it may have the engine timing as well as other text. I have seen pictures with this sticker on the Left valve cover towards the front. However, I have never seen an example of a 428 SCJ with aluminum valve covers, displaying the decal.

--- End quote ---

See plenty of them on restored cars but here are a couple of examples on unrestored 70 428CJ Mustangs. Not much left but believe both are the remains of the original timing/emission stickers. Hope this helps

RoyceP:
Jeff's photos show original stickers. Restored vehicles rarely get the details right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version