Author Topic: Export Mustang photos  (Read 11505 times)

Offline zray

Re: Export Mustang photos
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »

HEY!! I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!

Does well optioned include the "performance suspension" package ?

Buy you a beer,

Z
Looking for '65-'68 manual V-8 coupe
that doesn't need a new body

Offline fast66

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 03:55:48 AM »
The radio plate is actually a Blaupunkt part. Blaupunkt supplied different plates to different brands of cars.
In Sweden the cars came with the plastic delete plate and if any of the three available Blaupunkt radios were ordered, this crome/black plate was used.

//Claes
6T09K212784
63A 4 25 21B 951384 5 6

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 07:28:42 AM »
Does well optioned include the "performance suspension" package ?

Buy you a beer,

Z

;D No suspension upgrades but I did use the TMI extra dense seat foam on the drivers seat :)

...and these days I belly up to the Dilly Bar at the Dairy Queen  8)

Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Stang Sixties

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 05:24:58 PM »
Hi Everybody,

My name is Franck, I'm the owner of that vehicle. I live in France, in the northern Normandy,
about 93, 124 milles from landing beaches (Omaha, Gold, Juno...). It's a pleasure for me to be among all of you.
Z Ray asked me to joining you on this forum to share some details concerning my car :).

This Mustang is a 65  export model (DSO 91) built at Detroit, the 1964, 25th September. This one is one of the
dozens car sent to my country in november of the same year. She has a 289 engine (code A) with C4 automatical transmission.
(I bought her three years ago (in march 2012), She was in bad shape after thirty years asleep in a barn, pictures on
the first page show her at this period. Actually she has a better look ! ;D

If you have any questions , don't hesitate to ask me. I will try to answer you right ;).

See you soon...

Franck

Offline Stang Sixties

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2015, 06:19:48 PM »

Just looked at my small collection - seems the information differed depending on country - but just about always VIN and weight ( likely for tax purposes)

Though not all exports got these extra required labels/tags

Hello,

You right, during sixties, some mustangs came in France by independent vehicle's sellers,
 got an approval by French transport ministry but, they never got that registration plate.
 It was only installed on cars sold by Ford France. :)

Franck

Offline Stang Sixties

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2015, 06:32:15 PM »
The radio plate is actually a Blaupunkt part. Blaupunkt supplied different plates to different brands of cars.
In Sweden the cars came with the plastic delete plate and if any of the three available Blaupunkt radios were ordered, this crome/black plate was used.

//Claes

Thank You, This information is interesting. I never knew, where that part came from. :D

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2015, 07:04:09 PM »
You right, during sixties, some mustangs came in France by independent vehicle's sellers,
 got an approval by French transport ministry but, they never got that registration plate.
 It was only installed on cars sold by Ford France. :)

We see similar things in other countries - sometimes tired to how the car entered the country or even when since change in government's can have a big impact on importing of goods.

Think I have a few other French labels from later cars like the one shown on your car.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Stang Sixties

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2015, 06:07:32 AM »
Hello Everybody,

I would like to show you, one of the particularities installed on the Mustang sent in France.

At the rear of my vehicle, you can see reflectors put on the Tail light panel . These parts were obligatory for the approval. Later, since 1966 they installed it on the lower rear panel, near of back up lights.

I also put a Ford approval file (sorry, it's wrote in French) :), mentioning all modifications.

I translated it for you:

- Yellow bulbs separated from Head light capsules mounting (Marshall Conversion)
-Lights side removal
-STOP and TURNS signals must be separated inside the rear tail lights.
-Rear reflectors mounting
- warning triangle present inside the car.
-Fluid brake float level with outside viewing check (installed on the master cylinder).

Have a nice day ! :D

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2015, 08:52:33 AM »
A picture of that master cylinder float level would be interesting to see.  I guess the first photo in this post is your car ?  The export brace arm goes right over the MC so can't see anything there.  Welcome and thanks.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline MattDoscher

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2015, 11:05:50 AM »
Thanks for sharing.  Yeah just one of the many modifications required of American cars for driving in Europe.
Matt Doscher

1965 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252

Offline Stang Sixties

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2015, 05:24:27 AM »
A picture of that master cylinder float level would be interesting to see.  I guess the first photo in this post is your car ?  The export brace arm goes right over the MC so can't see anything there.  Welcome and thanks.  Brian

Hello Brian,

Yes, it's my car on first photo, The past owners have removed that system on her. But I put some photos from other export cars, you can see that mounting.

Sincerely,

Franck

Offline Stang Sixties

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2015, 07:04:19 AM »
Thanks for sharing.  Yeah just one of the many modifications required of American cars for driving in Europe.

Hello Matt,

You right, some modifications are not mentioned on the file as electrical relay for horns, headlights and fog lights, radio antenna were moved to the left front fender... Some were also installed in aftermarket. Later, I will try to put pictures of these.

Franck :)

Offline Brian Conway

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2015, 11:05:13 AM »
Now that's interesting and thanks for posting the pictures.  It appears the original cap was used and the ' unit ' also has an electrical sending ability to a gauge somewhere ?  I have never seen anything like that before.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline Hipo giddyup

• There is no end to doing right. Giddyup!!!
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2015, 12:16:29 PM »
Hello Brian,

Yes, it's my car on first photo, The past owners have removed that system on her. But I put some photos from other export cars, you can see that mounting.

Sincerely,

Franck

Is this a different car /engine pic??? I notice it looks to have a HIPO distributor.. If it's not the same car could this be a complete HIPO engine set-up, GT perhaps????
1967 Springtime Yellow Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Metuchen built, Nov. 17th 66'
1966 Sahara Beige Coupe, 289 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, July 21st 66'
1964 1/2 Pagoda Green Coupe, 260 2v 3spd, Dearborn built, June 30th 64'
1966 GT350 Fastback clone, 289 HiPo, 725cfm Holley, 4spd, SanJose built, Nov 25th 65'

Offline MattDoscher

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2015, 12:31:28 PM »
Franck said that a previous owner had removed the master cylinder warning light system.  The pic's he provided are from other export cars showing the master cylinder warrning light system installed.
Matt Doscher

1965 Mercury Comet Caliente Convertible
5H25T582252