Author Topic: 66 San Jose Passenger Shock Tower Support Wire Loom Retainers/Clips  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Morsel

I have a 66 San Jose GT K-Code fastback. I'm in the final stages with the engine compartment and have a couple questions revolving around choke cable routing and also the wire feed that goes under the standard shock tower braces. I've searched all over and someone here had mentioned that the clips used were the bigger rubber covered clips like used in the trunk, not the one I'm showing here in the attached image.

I did already reach out on the hipo exchange forum, but have no replies yet.

Does anyone have any pictures of the routing and clips for the choke cable and wire feed harness on the shock tower brace on a 66 K-Code?

Thanks,

Jason
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 06:29:28 PM by J_Speegle »
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: OK K-Code friends, need help...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 06:10:32 PM »
....................... I've searched all over and someone here had mentioned that the clips used were the bigger rubber covered clips like used in the trunk, not the one I'm showing here in the attached image.

Think you'll find that that is not an original San Jose built example

Have never seen the choke cable attached to the shock tower support on a 66 K code from San Jose

The wire clips are the other style I believe rather than the interior wire retaining clip from the trunk that you show.  The one your looking for is the same style as the one that holds the electrical loom up and away from the battery on the passenger side radiator support

Other than the choke cable issue the question is a standard (rather than K code related) 66 San Jose question

Picture E8 in this thread shows the back side of the electrical clip referred to. Its just installed differently on a 6 cylinder. V8 at San Jose were typically on the leading face with two being sort of normal

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=12291.msg74731#msg74731

Have hundreds of other 66 San Jose examples of this detail ;)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 06:27:53 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 06:20:34 PM »
FYI, the lower image is a June '65 Dearborn convertible, which is why there are 4 clips since that car has a power top.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 06:26:37 PM »
Another original example - just clearer and shows more detail to the coated/dipped electrical clips used at San Jose

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Morsel

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 08:30:03 PM »
Another original example - just clearer and shows more detail to the coated/dipped electrical clips used at San Jose

Thanks Jeff, this is perfect...
February 10th 1966 - San Jose - Factory GT K-Code Automatic, Candy Apple Red Fastback, Black Standard Interior