Author Topic: Video of early '65 K Convertible Restoration Progress  (Read 15344 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Video of early '65 K Convertible Restoration Progress
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2011, 08:36:21 PM »
Brant looks really nice - BTW the battery inspection decal is filled out correctly for a 69-70 Dearborn car rather than a 64-5. Just thought I should mention it ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Brant

• Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2011, 11:43:26 PM »
Brant looks really nice - BTW the battery inspection decal is filled out correctly for a 69-70 Dearborn car rather than a 64-5. Just thought I should mention it ;)

Jeff,

Don't stop there...tell me what the '65 one looked like!!  Dearborn and San Jose, if you have it.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2011, 07:33:38 PM »
Jeff,
Don't stop there...tell me what the '65 one looked like!!  Dearborn and San Jose, if you have it.

The number of originals that have survived are few especially since they were uncoated paper unlike the air cleaner decals of the time or the plastic/vinyl ones today.

For 65 Dearborn it depends on when the car was built - earlier cars have been found with a hand written reading  - a stamped full date (likely one of those rotational date stamps of the period) and a inspector number stamped through the sticker before it was applied. Later versions, it appears, did away with the inspector punching the sticker and instead writing their number in the space provided. Looks like writing was done in black ink.

San Jose's for 65-66 were typically filled out by hand (either pencil or black ink pen)  with the date which lacked the year and initials for the inspector.

At both plants the stickers used black print on a rectangle shaped sticker with square corners and the lines intersected. Some of these features of the basic sticker changed in 67 then returned to this design in 69.
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)