Author Topic: 65 66 Fastback measurement needed  (Read 747 times)

Offline hertz350

65 66 Fastback measurement needed
« on: April 21, 2020, 03:08:35 PM »
I am looking for a measurement to locate the  trap door hinge mount onto the inner wheel well. I am looking for the distance from the metal piece the trap door rests against to the front edge of the trap door hinge bracket at the wheel well. Thanks.

Offline Brian Conway

Re: 65 66 Fastback measurement needed
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 02:50:23 PM »
Can't help with that measurement.  For a reference;  Measuring from the other end it is 1.5"  between the bracket top and the header lower edge.  Brian
5RO9A GT  4 Spd Built 5/29/65
9TO2R SCJ 4 Spd Built 9/19/68
Owner Driver Mechanic
San Diego, Ca.

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 05:10:25 PM »
I took some time out of my busy schedule (others can't) and removed some stuff that was in the way (spare, mat, liner) to take a couple of pictures.
The measurements I made were from a couple of fixed points on that inner fender well piece and the trunk floor.
From the trunk floor up to the center of both prop mounting hole: 3 inches.
From the gas tank sender wire hole center, forward to the front prop hole: 1 inch. The rear hole appears to be 1 1/2 inches to the rear of the front.
Any closer measurements would require a significant inducement in the form of JD No. 7.
Jim
Oh, the last was dinner on January 25, 2020, a "late" Christmas dinner with friends, before being cracked, dipped in garlic butter and roasted in the oven for 10 minutes. Recipe supplied on demand.
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline hertz350

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 06:29:00 PM »
Thank you so much!. I appreciate the time and effort it took to get this information. It solved my problem. Maybe I will see you at a SAAC convention and I  will buy you JD-7.   Nice crabs We don't get those much here in eastern Washington.

Part Cronin.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 01:31:11 AM »
Pics with the bracket removed...
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 10:36:52 AM »
Many of the early service replacement trunk floor panels had location dimples in the metal for the purpose of installing the rev nuts.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 05:15:08 PM »
Original floors also came with the locating dimples also and can be found on coupes and convertibles also. Convertible upper left - Coupe lower right

Guess we could have just supplied the distance for the forward most one to help you position the lower arm mounting location
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline hertz350

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 07:10:57 PM »
Thanks everyone. I have what I need now to mount the prop rod in the right place. This is truly a great site. Thanks again.