Author Topic: My old find  (Read 2179 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: My old find
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 02:18:34 AM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Archie and I have assumed the caretaker duties, from 64.5 Steve, for this historic Mustang. He took good care of her for the last two years and I plan to make him proud!

Welcome to the site -
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 03:22:21 AM »

Did Steve give you all the photos and info from #140 that I sent him?? Did you just buy the car from Steve??

:o)

Tony K.
Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001

Offline Fordman265

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 12:18:38 AM »
I did just buy the car from Steve, but he didn't say anything about information on #140. That would be great to see as it is just one number off. Could you please send that information?

Thanks,
Archie
64.5 Conv 289 C4 9" built May 21 in Dearborn
64.5 Pre-production Conv 05C #139 F-code C4

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 05:32:34 AM »
I did just buy the car from Steve, but he didn't say anything about information on #140. That would be great to see as it is just one number off. Could you please send that information?

Remember that being just one number off sequentially does not mean that they were built one after the other but it would surely be of some help in your research especially if it hasn't been restored or the pictures are prerestoration
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 11:54:52 AM »
Remember that being just one number off sequentially does not mean that they were built one after the other but it would surely be of some help in your research especially if it hasn't been restored or the pictures are prerestoration

+1, and also consider that any of the 05C cars may have been built for different purposes or testing.  Photo documentation is of the utmost importance when restoring a car like this.  I would be very careful in considering details from other cars to replicate on yours.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline markb0729

• South Jersey
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2018, 10:02:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

My name is Archie and I have assumed the caretaker duties, from 64.5 Steve, for this historic Mustang. He took good care of her for the last two years and I plan to make him proud!

My advice is to go slow whatever path you decide to take.  Examine each part of the car and ask for advice on this site before proceeding with any work.  Many restoration shops are like a "bull in a china shop", just want to plow ahead and get the job done.  Many on this site know their stuff.  I've learned a ton from them.
65 Dearborn Built Fastback
Approximate Build Date, September 2, 1964
289 4V, C4, PS, PB, No A/C