Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Cougar 1967-73

Latest Hagerty value letter

<< < (2/3) > >>

RoyceP:

I bought an '83 Mustang GT brand new. It was the first new car that I ever bought - it was special enough to grab my attention. I don't think the 5 speed GT Mustangs are going to be selling for double prices like the premier Cougars have but I certainly can see the allure of special, rare, and fast ones.

--- Quote from: KevinK on April 17, 2022, 07:19:37 PM ---As a follow up to Jim's comments, well the Foxbody was the next cheap car.  Sure there were some collectible models. Recents months had a lot of price increases in the previously cheap cars.  Now, $10k, $15k, $20k+ prices seem to be an everyday event. Time will sort out the over priced for sale adds verse actual sold prices. I'm sure some unspent funds during Covid is fueling it as well. Still hard to imagine the $25k to $150k prices we are seeing.

--- End quote ---

jwc66k:
Instead of "lowering the standards", how about "expanding the desirable base". Soon a "C" code Cougar will be in that category as interests' expand and availability declines.
Jim

RoyceP:

I doubt that a C code Cougar - or Mustang or Cyclone or Torino for that matter - would ever be more than a parts car in my eyes. Or maybe a car for someone else to spend time with.

--- Quote from: jwc66k on April 18, 2022, 12:15:29 AM ---Instead of "lowering the standards", how about "expanding the desirable base". Soon a "C" code Cougar will be in that category as interests' expand and availability declines.
Jim

--- End quote ---

Deuce:

--- Quote from: jwc66k on April 18, 2022, 12:15:29 AM ---Instead of "lowering the standards", how about "expanding the desirable base". Soon a "C" code Cougar will be in that category as interests' expand and availability declines.
Jim

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: RoyceP on April 18, 2022, 08:38:17 AM ---I doubt that a C code Cougar - or Mustang or Cyclone or Torino for that matter - would ever be more than a parts car in my eyes. Or maybe a car for someone else to spend time with.

--- End quote ---

jwc66k has it about right:  "expanding the desirable base."   It's happening and CMF is contributing. 

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: RoyceP on April 18, 2022, 08:38:17 AM ---I doubt that a C code Cougar - or Mustang or Cyclone or Torino for that matter - would ever be more than a parts car in my eyes. Or maybe a car for someone else to spend time with.

--- End quote ---
I had the same attitude about 6 cylinder Mustangs. While you, and I, were ignoring them, they increased in demand and value. They are over 50 years old, much older than half the US population. So, keep an eye out for your next "C" code Cougar - a positive eye.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version