Author Topic: Radio/heater block off question  (Read 403 times)

Offline BryceDouglas

Radio/heater block off question
« on: January 29, 2023, 11:14:23 PM »
I have a March 5th 1965 San Jose built coupe. With a radio/heater delete/block off, was there anything under the speaker grille to cover the holes or would that have just been blank. Thanks for any info.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Radio/heater block off question
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 12:26:19 AM »
The two block off are not related you could order or not purchase a radio and still get a heater or the reverse order a radio and have the heater left off of the build.

There have been discussions elsewhere but I've never found filler or plank plates/panels being used on a 65-66 that didn't have a radio or a heater covering the unused openings in the dash pad. Nor has anyone posted pictures of originals that I'm aware of

As for later years I have found rubber pads (picture posted in another thread) on 67-68's. As a 1/8" or so rubber sheet that covered the radio hole

And for later examples didn't find on on my 69 that was ordered without a radio
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline BryceDouglas

Re: Radio/heater block off question
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 01:47:32 AM »
Thank you for the response. Looks like I will just leave it open then. While driving the car recently I was noticing daylight on the carpet under the dash and got me thinking of maybe there was a cover or if maybe the dash pad would not have been cut out in those sections. Again I appreciate the info and this site.