Author Topic: Wiring Harness Fabric Sleeve  (Read 6179 times)

Offline midnite cruiser

• midnite cruiser
Re: Wiring Harness Fabric Sleeve
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 09:11:59 PM »
Engine compartment is completed. No significant issues, only a few re-wraps with black wrap.
Under dash harnesses likewise were just a bit shaggy at terminus.
My question relates to the taillight/backup/fuel sender harness and the convertible hydro pump wire wraps.
Bossbill, pix not linked. I am reluctant to take the time right now to pull the dash for the top pump wire and driver sill for the tail harness    back apart to send out for re-weaving at this exact time but good to hear of your experience. I am in the textile industry and might hunt for the proper yarn weight and color. Black and Hunter green? Mine of course have faded with time. Have you been scored since the work was done?
Very tempted to go with an NPD product to get rolling . Or leave them in some shaggy but original condition with some new plastic, removable conduit I might remove for judging.
JWhite
64.5 D code convert. / C4 / AC / PS / RP

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2019, 09:34:44 PM »
Bossbill, pix not linked.
Wonder if others have issue seeing the pic.

Quote from: midnite cruiser
Black and Hunter green? Mine of course have faded with time.

Hunter dark green and paper. RI Wire has the paper in house. I opted for a more durable thread that emulates dirty paper, and is more on the khaki side of the color.

Quote from: midnite cruiser
Have you been scored since the work was done?

I've shown pics to judges who thought it looked much better than black.
If concours driven, Bob says no points taken off for black . If trailered you would have to ask.

What are trying to do is get the hue or overall tone correct. We also have to remember that over time the paper took on all sorts of colors from moisture.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 12:36:42 AM »
In concours trailered when judging I have deducted for the black weave on taillight harness's instead of the hunter green in the same way I would deduct for a black paint on engine blocks that were supposed to be blue.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 01:07:02 AM »
In concours trailered when judging I have deducted for the black weave on taillight harness's instead of the hunter green in the same way I would deduct for a black paint on engine blocks that were supposed to be blue.

+1 

Like most details this does not a deduction of all the points but a portion of the total based on (in total) all the features and details leaving room for another car that has more or all of the details correct. :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2019, 01:40:21 AM »
 :Sorry, didn't mean to misstate what Bob said.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline preaction

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 07:54:16 PM »
Bill, is the covering you got from RIW from their stock after seeing the sample from your car ?
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn