Author Topic: Where Fog Light Switches Hard Wired From The Factory?  (Read 1178 times)

Offline MWM

Where Fog Light Switches Hard Wired From The Factory?
« on: May 21, 2012, 11:24:42 AM »
Were the factory installed fog lights with the switch at the dash hard wired or plug in? I thought the latter, but recently a question came up. 1965 A code San Jose fastback.
Thank you!

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Where Fog Light Switches Hard Wired From The Factory?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »
The fog light switch plugs into a plug in the main wiring harness and there there are 2 wires for the breaker and then a feed wire that goes into the engine bay.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline jwc66k

Re: Where Fog Light Switches Hard Wired From The Factory?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:22:23 PM »
Were the factory installed fog lights with the switch at the dash hard wired or plug in? I thought the latter, but recently a question came up. 1965 A code San Jose fastback.
Thank you!
Actually a bit of both. The switch is hard wired via a six inch long three wire lead to a three pin conector that plugs into a special main under dash harness that includes the fog light wiring. The switch itself is unique to 1965 fog lights as is the engine compartment lights wiring. The current add on fog lights use the 1966 style harness assemblies and switch.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.