Author Topic: 67/68 Shelby Concourse Trailered/Driven MCA judging rules  (Read 1841 times)

Offline harrisinrcsd

67/68 Shelby Concourse Trailered/Driven MCA judging rules
« on: April 06, 2013, 01:27:26 PM »
I have several Questions for the experts:
1. Pg 7 of the updated rules says "68 with oil cooler uses short orange non-crimped style filter. Where do I find one of these or what currently   available motorcraft filter is acceptable? (FL820S is shorter than FL-1A by about 1.5")
2. Pg 8, item T - the rules do not address the finish on the PCV hose from the PCV valve to the PCV tube. Is it painted engine color?
3. Pg 13, item P - The Driven Exception says E70-15 = P195/70R15.  Are you sure this is right? At Ok. City Mr. Gaines and Mr. Speegle
indicated they should be P205/70R15. Also, I have not been able to find 195's in the 70R15.
4. Ref. pg 6 item G - Is the harmonic balancer on my 68 KR supposed to be natural or SG black?
Thanks guys!

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: 67/68 Shelby Concourse Trailered/Driven MCA judging rules
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 07:03:30 PM »
First welcome to the site

Looking at your questions please understand this is NOT the MCA site so in general questions about the "rules"  might be better suited for that site under the judging area rather than here. ;)

Guessing from the way the questions are worded your asking about a 68 KR built sometime in the spring of 68

I have several Questions for the experts:
1. Pg 7 of the updated rules says "68 with oil cooler uses short orange non-crimped style filter. Where do I find one of these or what currently   available motorcraft filter is acceptable? (FL820S is shorter than FL-1A by about 1.5")

Will leave this to Tim L for what the guys are current using and availablity if possible

2. Pg 8, item T - the rules do not address the finish on the PCV hose from the PCV valve to the PCV tube. Is it painted engine color?

Think you'll find that the hose will likely have some paint and or overspray on the end where it connects to the T and fades away as it get towards the valve (not an easy description to get converted to a short description needed for the judging forms) Other plants and years I've seen paint and overspray up to the valve

3. Pg 13, item P - The Driven Exception says E70-15 = P195/70R15.  Are you sure this is right? At Ok. City Mr. Gaines and Mr. Speegle
indicated they should be P205/70R15. Also, I have not been able to find 195's in the 70R15.

Looks like the conversion table used for that was wrong or it got printed incorrectly and should be changed. Figuring out the correct size can be a challenge for example here is a site that shows the closest match would be a 225 70 15.  :o which seems a bit tall
http://www.angelfire.com/on/geebjen/tires.html

4. Ref. pg 6 item G - Is the harmonic balancer on my 68 KR supposed to be natural or SG black?
Thanks guys!

Semi-gloss black
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
Re: 67/68 Shelby Concourse Trailered/Driven MCA judging rules
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 07:09:01 PM »
Find an older Fram PH 16 without the black rubber grip strip. Strip printing and paint Chevy engine orange
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America