Author Topic: electrical wiring ID  (Read 2171 times)

Offline AussieRcode

electrical wiring ID
« on: September 09, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »
Hi guys , I have a wire I think is consol related , I hope someone can say exactly where , thanks

it`s about 12inch long   C4ZB-15A808-A  SX   FOMOCO is stamped along the wire and also on paper tag
              bullet head one end and hole the other ,
   thanks again   Mick

Offline krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
Re: electrical wiring ID
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 08:09:05 PM »
Yes, for the shift indicator light, on cars with console.
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 11:56:34 PM »
Hi guys , I have a wire I think is consol related , I hope someone can say exactly where , thanks
it`s about 12inch long   C4ZB-15A808-A  SX   FOMOCO is stamped along the wire and also on paper tag
bullet head one end and hole the other ,
thanks again   Mick
That's actually half the wiring assembly. It's used as the feed wire for the indicator light on an automatic shifter but the part number is marked on the ground wire. That's what is shown in the 65 Electrical Assembly Manual. The hot lead is an unmarked gray wire that has a male bullet to connect up under the dash to power and a female bullet at the shifter. It is taped to the black ground wire that you described above at the shifter and marked as you indicated. That same black ground lead may also be used as to ground the console. Ford does strange things at times. I don't have an original console harness available, but I'll put the shifter cover plate on one of my cars with a console and check tomorrow.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline AussieRcode

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 01:21:19 AM »
Thanks Jim , information is invaluable , especially when I haven`t before seen where the wire goes , thank you. Mick

Offline AussieRcode

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 01:22:31 AM »
thanks Scott , I wasn`t sure , now I know , cheers Mick

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 07:21:09 PM »
That same black ground lead may also be used as to ground the console. Ford does strange things at times. I don't have an original console harness available, but I'll put the shifter cover plate on one of my cars with a console and check tomorrow.
Jim
It's not, the ground wire is unmarked, at least the three inches of the end that were exposed before it was taped into the harness from under the dash. C4ZB-15A808-A is the AT shifter indicator wiring.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline AussieRcode

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 10:01:31 AM »
Thanks Jim , that's the info I needed , excellent , Mick