Author Topic: 2023 MCA Grand National - Melbourne Fla Sep 8th - Sep 10th  (Read 3254 times)

Online 69GT350H

• 1 of 10 Hertz Rentals from Miami Int Airport
    • RedsHost is my private forum and photo gallery site
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 11:00:56 PM by 69GT350H »
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build

Online 69GT350H

Re: 2023 MCA Grand National - Melbourne Fla Sep 8th - Sep 10th
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 12:18:50 AM »
Motosho shutdown operations on April 30, 2023. Those that have registered for our show using Motosho ARE NOT IMPACTED by these changes.  Your registration data and details are a matter of record and remain valid. The new registration link is https://mcashows.com
Accurate looking but not a Concours Restoration/build. See my build photo gallery at 69GT350 Hertz Build

Online 69GT350H

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2023, 02:27:19 PM »
Yes, it seems there are comments about more shows in the East than the West. I remember when it seemed all the good shows were out west.

It is what it is.

Who is going? I'll be trailering my 69 up from Miami to Myrtle Beach for the annual Mustang Week event, but leaving early so I can get down to Melbourne for the Grand National. 

Offline dkknab

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2023, 10:57:48 PM »

Who is going? I'll be trailering my 69 up from Miami to Myrtle Beach for the annual Mustang Week event, but leaving early so I can get down to Melbourne for the Grand National.

I was thinking about the Myrtle Beach show but didn't seem how I could do it and get to Melbourne.  I'm registered for the Grand National.  What are you specific plans re Mustang Week? When will you be leaving? I'm guessing Thursday at the latest.
David Knab

1968 Sunlit Gold Coupe Sprint B
289 2V, AT, PS
Nugget Gold Interior
April 5, 1968 Build Date, Metuchen Plant

2019 Bullitt Highland Green K7662

Online 69GT350H

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 12:00:55 PM »
I am a Space Coast Mustang Club member and thus am going to be "working" the Grand National show. My initial job will be to help with the on-property trailer parking starting Thursday evening. So, I will be leaving Myrtle Beach Thursday morning. It's a 528 mile drive, about 8 hours w/o stops. I make stops and limit my speed pulling the trailer so the trip will take me about 10 hours.

I arrive in Myrtle Beach Monday the 4th. I stay in an ABB house that a couple of friends rent (If you are familiar with the Iris Pink Mustangs) and we usually roam around MB and do the events together. I'll be MB leaving early due to the Grand Nationals so will miss seeing how the new owners of the Mustang Week show (Power Automedia) handle the SHOW aspect of the event.

Online 69GT350H

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2023, 09:33:06 PM »
As per our club meeting tonight (6/13/23), there are currently 316 vehicles registered out of 400 spots. 290 are signed up for judging, and 26 are display only. For the Saturday night dinner, we have 257 registered attendees out of 300 seats. I'm going to say we are going to have a sellout before August.

https://spacecoastmustang.com/

https://mustang.org/event/fun-in-the-sun-grand-national-show/

Online 69GT350H

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2023, 02:11:43 PM »
My understanding is that the field of 400 cars is nearly, or is already full. A standby list has been discussed with the standard MCA cut-off date (Aug 19th).

Remember your fire extinguishers. We will have a limited number of extinguishers for sale at the show.

We will have on-site trailer parking starting Thursday afternoon/evening. We are expecting in excess of 150 trailered vehicles.

NO tents will be allowed. Some areas will have shade from the large overhead solar panels. We are arranging for limited seating in the museum's lobby area. Hooded chairs are allowed.

All judged cars will be separated 11' on center.

We are still looking for judges. If you are on the edge, you will be needed!

Currently, there are 4 food vendors and 2 ice cream vendors who will be on-site. At least 1 vendor will include breakfast.

There are still a couple of 10x10 and 10x20 vendor spots on concrete available.

Registered show participants will get 2 entries to the museum. Extra or guests will be charged $20 each. I believe accompanied children will be free but I do not know the age cut-off.

Registration and goodie bag pickup will be in the museum lobby.

The restrooms are located to the west of the main building.

Online 69GT350H

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 11:02:12 AM »
The show is over but I understand the staff is still busy sorting and mailing out items for those who were unable to attend or unable or did not pick items up. Overall the show was a huge success, even with the rain ending Friday's events early. I was able to take a break from my duties on Saturday and took pictures of all the cars that were in their spots.

http://www.redshost.com/show/2023MCAGranNat/

I then donated all my photos to the club so they could add them to their photo gallery on the club's WEB site.

https://spacecoastmustang.com/?page_id=1368

Offline dave6768

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 07:29:31 PM »
Found a very nice photo of my car.
Thanks  :D