Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
How about these from AMK?

Yes with the #8 Head those ought to fit and work fine. The extra length will not hurt anything.
1964 1/2 - 1965 / Re: Holes in dash
« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 05:26:05 PM »
Rough location for the fog lamp switch hole is 1 1/4 inches from the left hand edge of the dash and 4 inches up from the bottom edge. The picture is from a 66 GT Fastback built in San Jose on 18 Oct 65. My 65 GT Fastback has a similar location.
You "may" get dimensional instructions from a fog lamp kit.
Jim
Oops. Wrong picture the first time. The correct picture is there now.
it looks like you found some if you choose to be like the assemblyline.
« Last post by birddog on Today at 04:49:36 PM »
Thanks. It's an early 1965 Fastback San Jose build. It's a non GT, but I may add the GT fog lights.
That's interesting. They seem to be hard to come by.  When I search for 376770-s100 screw that is listed in the fastener spreadsheet and on the assembly manual page N8-8505 I come up empty.
Simply put, 376770-S100 is the assembly line screw for 1967 and 68 Mustang (probably others too). It is also the the service replacement screw for 1967 thru 1970 Mustangs as called out in the 1975 edition of "Ford Car Parts" (aka the infamous MPC). Apparently it is not reproduced or available.
I use these:
AMK Products P/N B-11557
Check the size required.
The picture didn't copy, but the screw is 382968-S45, 10-24X1.0 SST, chrome plated, Pozi-Drive. It should be the correct thread size, but is 1 inch long, whereas 376770-S100 is 7/8 inch long. It is the assembly line specified screw for 69 and up.
You still need a "nutsert" that don't "spin".
Jim

« Last post by jwc66k on Today at 04:03:52 PM »
I'm trying to do the final welding on the dash. Curious if anyone has pictures of an original dash, especially underneath. The first picture is the possible location of GT fog lights switch. Does that location and size of the hole look correct? I would also like to weld all other holes under the dash. Some are pretty obvious that they were added at a later point. Others I can't tell for sure. Thanks. BTW the car is upside down on a rotisserie.
The 1965 and 66 Fog Lamp switch is not under the dash but located on the "slope" about halfway up between the lower bend and the edge of the instrument panel. I'll try to get a picture and dimensions later.
It would be advantageous to you in your questions and other members in answers if you included the year, plant, model and scheduled build date in your posts.
If you do not have a set of Mustang Assembly manuals for your car's year, I urge you to get a set. I've got my right elbow resting on the 65 Mustang Electrical Manual page with the fog lamp wiring.
Jim
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 03:50:20 PM »
The holes in the bottom of the dash are pretty typical. Some are factory while most are added by prior owners when they attached gauges, 8 tracks and such to modify they cars.
We'll see if we can post some unaltered examples to help but you can help out providing when and where your car was built

1964 1/2 - 1965 / Holes in dash
« Last post by birddog on Today at 03:36:18 PM »
I'm trying to do the final welding on the dash. Curious if anyone has pictures of an original dash, especially underneath. The first picture is the possible location of GT fog lights switch. Does that location and size of the hole look correct? I would also like to weld all other holes under the dash. Some are pretty obvious that they were added at a later point. Others I can't tell for sure. Thanks. BTW the car is upside down on a rotisserie.
1969 - 70 Shelby / Roll Bar questions - Fastback
« Last post by AJ on Today at 03:33:18 PM »
For the fastback roll bar,  were spacers of any kind used at the upper or lower mounting locations

Next question.  Should the plastic roll bar trim be black or dark graphite.

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10