Author Topic: OER Original Equipment Reproduction Paint Clear Coat  (Read 1461 times)

Offline dkknab

OER Original Equipment Reproduction Paint Clear Coat
« on: June 29, 2023, 07:20:52 PM »
I have found some OER interior paint that is a super shade of my interior nugget gold.  I've painted my steering wheel with their product but the finish is more matte than what I believe the original finish should be. Does anyone have experience with clear coating this paint to a more glossy finish? OER sells a satin coat coat that I've purchased but not received yet.  Wondering if there are other alternatives.
David Knab

1968 Sunlit Gold Coupe Sprint B
289 2V, AT, PS
Nugget Gold Interior
April 5, 1968 Build Date, Metuchen Plant

2019 Bullitt Highland Green K7662

Offline dkknab

Re: OER Original Equipment Reproduction Paint Clear Coat
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2023, 08:48:10 PM »
Second request.  Anyone use OER paints and can advise as to what gloss overcoat works best? My steering wheel color looks great.  The finish is a bit too matte though.

What do original steering wheel finishes look like? The one I took of my car was very glossy.
David Knab

1968 Sunlit Gold Coupe Sprint B
289 2V, AT, PS
Nugget Gold Interior
April 5, 1968 Build Date, Metuchen Plant

2019 Bullitt Highland Green K7662

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: OER Original Equipment Reproduction Paint Clear Coat
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2023, 09:28:53 PM »
Second request.  Anyone use OER paints and can advise as to what gloss overcoat works best? My steering wheel color looks great.  The finish is a bit too matte though.

What do original steering wheel finishes look like? The one I took of my car was very glossy.

Hard to describe. The finish is very smooth and in turn that reflects the light but not like a glossy clear or painted surface

Never heard of the brand
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)