Author Topic: ALTERNATOR Correctness 67 289 w/AIR Conditioning.  (Read 5237 times)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: ALTERNATOR Correctness 67 289 w/AIR Conditioning.
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 11:31:34 AM »
It is pretty common for most builders to mix and match parts, that is why I usually send my originals in to a restorer like Dead Nuts On. They make it their business to make sure it is correct. Last auto parts store one that I bought did not work for a month.

A VERY good point and thanks for pointing that out Marty. Dead Nuts On is exactly what their name implies. And that is basically where this topic originated. I already understood this but unfortunately, three things prevented me from going there first. 1.) I have no original case(s) at this time 2.) They are limited on original case inventory and are in the process of actually reproducing the cases now to fill those gaps. 3.) Financially speaking, it is much more than I wished to spend at this juncture, given the scope of my intended show clasification.(as I pointed out earlier)

Undoubtedly, Dead Nuts On are the best in the market today. On the website, they claim to, or will take, orders on any type and as parts are found or created, will fill the need...but still a bit rich for my blood (and needs) right now.

Richard
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:48:54 AM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline cobra427

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 06:07:05 PM »
Richard,

I recieved my alternator, it has the right rear case for my car.  The pulley has no numbers on it.

My alternator did come with one of the studs bent on the rear and when I straighten it, it broke.  So I'll have to take the case apart anyway.  Other than that it looks good, I wish he would stamp them it two places, when mounted, you cant see the stamp. 

I have another one coming for my 69CJ, we will see how it comes in.

Currently working on a 68 GT500 #00563  Build date 13 Feb 68 NJ car.

Gary Ross

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 06:21:21 PM »
Richard,

I recieved my alternator, it has the right rear case for my car.  The pulley has no numbers on it.

My alternator did come with one of the studs bent on the rear and when I straighten it, it broke.  So I'll have to take the case apart anyway.  Other than that it looks good, I wish he would stamp them it two places, when mounted, you cant see the stamp. 

I have another one coming for my 69CJ, we will see how it comes in.

OK, thanks :) Mine was packed pretty good, makes me wonder if the damaged stud happened before shipping. Hopefully your other will be good right out of the box. In looking at the stamping, and checking other sites such as Deadnutson, I believe the stamping is supposed to be hidden on downwards hanging alternators. Maybe a JUDGE will chime in about this.

Richard
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline cobra427

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »
I got my other alternator in today.  It has the correct back and stamp on it, but the pulley has a dent in it.

I will tell John about it and maybe get a new one.   

Gary Ross

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 11:34:38 PM »
OK, thanks :) Mine was packed pretty good, makes me wonder if the damaged stud happened before shipping. Hopefully your other will be good right out of the box. In looking at the stamping, and checking other sites such as Deadnutson, I believe the stamping is supposed to be hidden on downwards hanging alternators. Maybe a JUDGE will chime in about this.

Richard
Yes, typically the stamp on a assemblyline alt  is on the bottom side of the case as it is mounted.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline cobra427

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2015, 05:26:40 PM »
Thanks Bob,  Well it looks like I got something right.   LOL. 

John sent me an e-mail and he said he will send me out another pulley.

Gary Ross

Offline 67gtasanjose

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2015, 05:39:11 PM »
I got my other alternator in today.  It has the correct back and stamp on it, but the pulley has a dent in it.

I will tell John about it and maybe get a new one.

I just switched off the C9 pulley today, John sent me the C5-L pulley to replace it. Strange that your USPS driver must be brutal, mine arrived well packed and undamaged.

Jeeze, I could just send you that one directly, ask John what he thinks if I do. I was going to send it back to him anyways to level the playing field. I can send it out Monday if he's OK with that, then just PM me your address.

Richard
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 05:41:32 PM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

Offline cobra427

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 04:12:15 PM »
Richard,

It was a double pulley.  The package/box looked to be OK.  I think it was danaged before it was packed.

But thanks for the offer.  I'll be working on my 69 428CJ after my 68 GT500 is done.

Gary Ross