Author Topic: Is this what 67 Dearborn Slop Grey looks like  (Read 1393 times)

Offline brennancarey

Is this what 67 Dearborn Slop Grey looks like
« on: January 12, 2015, 03:37:03 PM »
Hi all

New to forum, been through the posts on this topic just wanting to cfm I am right ?

Is this what 67 slop grey looks like from Dearborn for a 12/66 build date :

I have put a black reference object in 2nd picture so you can see how different the grey is vs the black object

Thks guys
Brennan
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 03:47:20 PM by J_Speegle »
67 GTA 390 Fastback
Dark Moss Green
Dearborn
Build Date 12/28/66

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Is this what 67 Dearborn Slop Grey looks like
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 03:47:17 PM »
Hi all

New to forum, been through the posts on this topic just wanting to cfm I am right ?

Is this what 67 slop grey looks like from Dearborn for a 12/66 build date :

I have put a black reference object in 2nd picture so you can see how different the grey is vs the black object

Thks guys
Brennan
By nature of what it is (slop paint) the shade can vary. darker ,lighter  some with metallic some with a greenish tint some a blueish . The most common factor is that it is some variation of gray in the mix. If you don't have something on the car that you can match paint then best to find a car that has a close build date from Dearborn to match too. In any event it is hard to be proven incorrect given the possibilities.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 09:48:04 PM »
By nature of what it is (slop paint) the shade can vary. darker ,lighter  some with metallic some with a greenish tint some a blueish . The most common factor is that it is some variation of gray in the mix. If you don't have something on the car that you can match paint then best to find a car that has a close build date from Dearborn to match too. In any event it is hard to be proven incorrect given the possibilities.

+1

Also - welcome to the site :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:51:14 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline brennancarey

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 07:31:08 AM »
Hi, thks guys fro the feedback.

I do indeed have a reference it match against this is what i have posted for your review. I am just double checking to cfm that this is indeed correct, but as you say there is no exact colour. Just wanting cfm that what i found looks correct to you experts out there.

Thks!!
67 GTA 390 Fastback
Dark Moss Green
Dearborn
Build Date 12/28/66