Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Interior & Trunk

Trunk Light

(1/1)

bryancobb:
How can I tell if my car came with a trunk light?  Ive looked for a mounting hole on the decklid but I don't know what to look for.
Thanks inb advance

CharlesTurner:
Have never seen a factory-installed trunk light in a '66.  The only one I am aware of is the Rotunda dealer light.  Requires drilling a hole.

outlawincorporated:
have to agree with Charles on this one.  i would suspect they would all be dealer installed not factory line installed.

cool accesory though!!! starting to see a few restos here in Australia where owners have put one in the engine bay and one in the trunk. personally the trunk one is a good mod but not the engine bay!!!

regards.

PHILL  BERESFORD.
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.

5F09CNot4Sale:
The cool one for a 66 would be the one that you can remove the light and it has a cord that you can take the light out of the trunk.

http://www.hammar.dyndns.org/cgi-bin/showimg?trnklit1.jpg?400

http://www.hammar.dyndns.org/cgi-bin/showimg?is2187a.gif?750

NEFaurora:

Have seen the Rotunda accessory light mounted in the middle of the "X" brace on the backside of the hood, and the wire running though the actual brace down to the left corner of the hood.  It really looks sharp there....and would not really be incorrect as far as I know..
    You'd have to chase the wire through a drilled hole in the exact middle of the backside of the hood (Center of the "X" marks the spot!) down through the center of the brace to the lower left corner near the Brake master cylinder where a small hole would be drilled in the lower left corner so the wire could exit out.  For the cool, clean "no wire" look...it's worth it..IMHO..  I saw a guy with a '66 who did this to his car at a show, and I was impressed with the result.  It really looked like it belonged there, and no wire showing...functional too!   Just a suggestion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version