Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Interior & Trunk

Package tray and speaker grill, 65 coupe

(1/3) > >>

trucktricksdon:
What is the correct color and surface material for the masonite package tray and speaker grill on a Nov 64 coupe? Car is white standard with black appointments. Did they just paint the masonite or did they actually cover it with something? Was the speaker grill painted to match the package tray? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

J_Speegle:
So your car has the rear speaker package? Did it have the reverb option?

The grills were a red oxide color out of the box so they needed to be painted to match the interior by the dealer or whom ever installed this

Yes the package trays were simply painted on the top surface to match the interior - no "covering"

In general they were typically painted to match the rear seat (rather than headliner) but honestly can't recall the correct color, at this moment, for a white with black interior

trucktricksdon:
Thanks for the quick reply Jeff. No, it did not have the rear speaker option or the reverb ( I wish it did). I have added the reproduction AMFM stereo and am adding the rear speaker, but I want it to appear as stock as possible when looking at it through the window. I am not very happy with the reproduction radio and may just fix the original AM radio and put it back in. (but my wife wouldn't be very happy about that). I would like to gather as much information as I can about how the option was done at the time and make it as close to that as I can. If I cannot make it look like it needs to, I think I may just put the AM back in. One of my biggest pet peaves is to see a set of Kenwoods hacked into the rear deck.

So far I have gathered that, with the center speaker option, it was a single speaker in the center of the tray, (rough side up on the masonite), package tray painted seat color and the grill was most likely painted the same color as well, correct?

5F09CNot4Sale:
You are correct sir. My dads Pagoda green white/black interior only the carpet and dash were black.

You also have a few options for your AM raido. You can have the guts removed and converted to AM/FM. I would not get the LED ligh to tell you it is FM. I never understood that. They also make an AM raido adaptor for an Ipod.  http://www.rediscoveradio.com/ You just need to unplug and replug some stuff, nothing that can not be reversed. Just throwing it out there.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: trucktricksdon on April 27, 2010, 01:09:38 AM ---So far I have gathered that, with the center speaker option, it was a single speaker in the center of the tray, (rough side up on the masonite), package tray painted seat color and the grill was most likely painted the same color as well, correct?

--- End quote ---

Nope I stated that I could not remember what color the package tray was on a white with black appointments was

--- Quote from: 5F09CNot4Sale on April 27, 2010, 01:22:34 AM ---You are correct sir. My dads Pagoda green white/black interior only the carpet and dash were black.

--- End quote ---

Are you reporting that that car had a white package tray (package tray matching the seats)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version