Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Coil Bracket

(1/2) > >>

Brian Conway:
     Looking for some help with indentifying this coil bracket.  Seems to be for a BB intake manifold application ?  The hole in the strap and the added reinforcing metal at the bolt hole area seem to qualify it for a particular application ?  Any help or suggestions.  Thanks,  Brian

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: Brian Conway on July 13, 2015, 11:29:36 PM ---     Looking for some help with indentifying this coil bracket.  Seems to be for a BB intake manifold application ?  The hole in the strap and the added reinforcing metal at the bolt hole area seem to qualify it for a particular application ?  Any help or suggestions.  Thanks,  Brian

--- End quote ---
The hole is a locating aid to index the coil. The coil would have a bump to fit in the hole. This was phased out in 1965 production . I have heard that coil bracket stock was used up after the transition but have never seen a example that I could rely on myself. I would think that the odds of it being appropriate on a Mustang given the time frame used and the BB application would be somewhat remote. A anomaly at best on a Mustang given the BB strap. More likely a 64/65 full size car application IMO.

GD64:
These are images from a '63 FE and what is on my '64 390 (mounted to the DS head. (non air)

I haven't been able to find any information within the 1960-64 Ford car parts & accessories catalog (dated 1969 :'() in respect the possibility of a design change for the compressor mounted coil strap.

Brian Conway:
Thank you guys for the replies.  GD I have never seen a bracket quite like your example.  Bob your info helps to narrow the field.  So pre-65 and full size FORD car line.  Big help.  Brian

GD64:
G'day Brian,

That coil and strap that i have shown is from a 63 Galaxie, which is identical to '64.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version