Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Interior & Trunk

restoring spare tire jack

(1/2) > >>

Sunlitgold68:
Did Ford paint the whole spare tire jack with the spiral part and large bolt part installed or separate? Is that part suppose to be painted black along with the jack?

CharlesTurner:
The jack was not painted black as an assembled unit.  I have some pictures of some originals at home.

Sunlitgold68:
Can you get the bolt and spiral part off? Is that how people restore them and then reinstall?

67shelby:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on May 13, 2010, 01:54:22 PM ---The jack was not painted black as an assembled unit.  I have some pictures of some originals at home.

--- End quote ---

Charles, can you send my your original pics?  I need some for my jack article.... 

67shelby:

--- Quote from: Sunlitgold68 on May 13, 2010, 02:03:29 PM ---Can you get the bolt and spiral part off? Is that how people restore them and then reinstall?

--- End quote ---

I think it is possible on some types of jacks to get the spiral or thread out, but you'd have to grind down some stops or remove pins depending on which jack you have.  What year and type do you have?  You'll probably have to post pics...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version