Author Topic: 67 Seat Belt Bolts : In what Order Do These Go Together?  (Read 1512 times)

Offline IndyFive-O

67 Seat Belt Bolts : In what Order Do These Go Together?
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:00:11 PM »
I have a front belt bolt kit from NPD and cant find anything to tell me in what order these go - anybody?
https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_mounting_kit_seat_belt_front_seats-105162-278.html

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:27:28 PM by J_Speegle »
1967 289 Coupe "Sports Sprint"
2007 GT/CS

Offline jwc66k

Re: Seat Belt Bolts : In what Order Do These Go Together?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 12:50:22 AM »
Let's try this based on what you have: outer belts - bolt, rubber washer, belt, metal spacer, large washer, body; inner belts - bolt, rubber washer, belt, larger washer, body. The carpet is shown as being cut to allow the large washer to press against the body.
The assembly manual shows something different: outer belts - bolt, rubber washer, belt, rubber washer (again), large washer, body; inner belts - bolt, belt, large washer (only), body. Again, the carpet is cut. There may be differences in plant and date of build, so I'll let others clarify.
That doesn't give you much.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 05:21:50 AM »
So standard belts (no shoulder harness)?  No retractors?

Guessing this is for the 67. Coupe?
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline IndyFive-O

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 08:13:51 AM »
So standard belts (no shoulder harness)?  No retractors?

Guessing this is for the 67. Coupe?

Yes, 67 coupe, no shoulder harness, with retractors - standard belts.
1967 289 Coupe "Sports Sprint"
2007 GT/CS

Offline cmfuser01

Re: 67 Seat Belt Bolts : In what Order Do These Go Together?
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 06:29:37 AM »
Sorry to dig up an old thread...

Just wanted to confirm that a hole in the carpet is cut out the size of the large flat washer? I assume this means all the padding as well? Is this both the tunnel and the rocker side? I have shoulder belts, does anything change because of that? These questions re 10/66 '67 Shelby.

Thanks.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 03:57:48 PM »
Found an answer elsewhere I think - maybe it will help others:

It looks to me that the carpet is not cut out to the size of the large flat washer... but just my interpretation of the diagram.

Thanks.

Looking at the section shown in AA it only appears to me that the illustrator choose to draw through the carpet layer (not as it was cut but as a way to expose the structure under it) to show the hole int he floor and the washer between the carpet (underlayment is removed in the round pattern on the bottom of the carpet) floor anchor.

IMHO pretty common practice for the illustrators and I don't believe that the incomplete cutting of the carpet shown reflects what they did in practice and the reason it was drawn with a jagged edge. That is is we're both lookign at the exact same part of the full illustration
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 04:27:09 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline cmfuser01

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 05:14:59 PM »
Looking at the section shown in AA it only appears to me that the illustrator choose to draw through the carpet layer (not as it was cut but as a way to expose the structure under it) to show the hole int he floor and the washer between the carpet (underlayment is removed in the round pattern on the bottom of the carpet) floor anchor.

IMHO pretty common practice for the illustrators and I don't believe that the incomplete cutting of the carpet shown reflects what they did in practice and the reason it was drawn with a jagged edge. That is is we're both lookign at the exact same part of the full illustration

Thanks Jeff.

Yes, detail AA.