Non-Mustang Ford & Mercury Models > Non-Mustang Ford Models 1965-73

Fender Bolts, 1967 T Bird

<< < (2/2)

J_Speegle:
Style of bolt and washer was used up into the 70's on Ford and Merc products. The difference is in the plating/finish and the head markings

Of course since you asked here it would be easy to predict that we would focus and mentioned the finer details.

Don't know of any other mass seller than AMK dealing with hardware. But then again I don't buy much of it

KevinK:
Thanks for all the feedback/input.  I guess I should have stated that I was looking for a similar replacement that is known to the Mustang world.  The head marking is my least concern but it's how the Mustang people identify their parts. 

My main request are new bolts, correct bolt shaft (tapered) and very close to same washer.  I am assuming the finish was phosphate and oil. The bottom end of the bolt sticks out (upside down) at the fender well to fender attachment.

I found some close to the original but the end of the bolt is not tapered.

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: KevinK on August 09, 2016, 05:01:51 PM ---Thanks for all the feedback/input.  I guess I should have stated that I was looking for a similar replacement that is known to the Mustang world.  The head marking is my least concern but it's how the Mustang people identify their parts. 

My main request are new bolts, correct bolt shaft (tapered) and very close to same washer.  I am assuming the finish was phosphate and oil. The bottom end of the bolt sticks out (upside down) at the fender well to fender attachment.

I found some close to the original but the end of the bolt is not tapered.

--- End quote ---
A typical 67 Mustang fender bolt is the same as you describe disregarding the makers mark. If there is no such place to order from for the T Birds order them from one of the many different vintage Mustang parts providers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version