Author Topic: 67 parchment interior paint color  (Read 1367 times)

Offline socalgt

67 parchment interior paint color
« on: October 22, 2016, 04:27:09 PM »
Are the plastic and metal pieces in a '67 parchment interior considered "light" parchment with regard to the spray paint available?  I know there is a lot of problems getting the correct shade of parchment in these cars.  I haven't seen a paint called just "parchment", but have seen and used Rainbow Industries "light" parchment, but it really doesn't match the soft interior pieces...seats, etc.  The parchment door panels from TMI are darker than the spray paint.  Did the door panel paint originally match the door panel color at the factory, or was there a shade difference?  I've seen a few previous posts and pictures on this subject, but now that I'm about to install these new  parchment door panels from TMI, I don't want to have to go back and paint the doors is I'm using the wrong shade paint.

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: 67 parchment interior paint color
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 05:28:58 PM »
sore subject with anyone who has ventured the "Parchment Path"
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline socalgt

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 07:12:58 PM »
Yeah.....I have that feeling.....I'm just going to plan on using the "light" parchment paint on the interior hard pieces.  It never fails to amaze me how difficult it is to try to restore these cars to original condition/configuration compared to the C2 Corvettes.  Hats off to anyone who has put in the time, energy and research to do it.  I'm going to allow myself some freedom from being a "purist" with these cars and make some compromises along the way.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 12:36:37 AM »
Yeah.....I have that feeling.....I'm just going to plan on using the "light" parchment paint on the interior hard pieces.  It never fails to amaze me how difficult it is to try to restore these cars to original condition/configuration compared to the C2 Corvettes.  Hats off to anyone who has put in the time, energy and research to do it.  I'm going to allow myself some freedom from being a "purist" with these cars and make some compromises along the way.
Most people wanting a closer color tint the paint to match but definitely not as easy as a off the shelf spray can.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline socalgt

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 09:22:57 PM »
SEM Universal Color Coat VP-4595, from NPD, although it is labeled for vinyl, soft plastic, etc., matches the color of  the parchment door panels for '67...at least those sold my TMI.  It is labeled "Light Parchment", but is a shade or so darker than Rainbow Industries light parchment.